“My Local and I love it”

Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Belgravia
Description: Lunch served through to 5.30 p.m
Reviewed 19 August 2014

One of my favourite London restaurants to the extent where I can probably recite the set lunch menu as quickly as the staff. This is the most atmospheric restaurant I know and the sure place to take friends visiting London. Ordering a magnum of wine (red or white) and being able to pay for what you drink is super. And the calvados. . . .
My favourite: cheese quiche or onion tart followed by coq au vin or beef bourguignon

1  Thank R P

Reviewed 19 August 2014

I have been going to La Poule au Pot a few times a year for many years. The decor is traditional Parisienne bistro and you feel as if you are somewhere in Paris. The welcome is always warm and the food, French bistro classics, excellent with decent sized portions. It is always a delight to go there.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Arrived without booking, and managed to get a table for 4. Very good welcome, service was impeccable. Two of us had starters - escargot and smoked salmon with crab, both excellent. Main courses - two of us chose Dover Sole, one the Bouillabaise and one the Poule au Pot all very well prepared and cooked to perfection! All washed down with a reasonably priced Rose' wine. Look forward to our next visit!

1  Thank ERG586
Reviewed 12 August 2014

This was our second visit having dined at the restaurant last year when we were in England. They were especially accommodating given our late booking. The food was delicious, the ambience special and the price not over the top. If we lived nearby this would indeed be a regular.
Delighted Aussies.

2  Thank Natalie_Richard
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I have also been eating here for 10 years, its my first restaurant of choice when i visit London.
It is rustic french cuisine, hearty portions cooked to perfection, beautifully presented and excellent service.
The french onion soup is to die for - better than i ve had in France !!
The signature dish 'Poule au Pot' is one of my favourites, and my partner no longer asks what i want for dessert, its the chocolate mousse every time !!!
The rose wine is one of the best as well.
Everyone should eat here at least once !!
Thank you Poule au Pot for many a memorable and delicious meal

2  Thank addicted2h01ls