Lowest prices for your stay
Official Site
Fully refundable before Fri, 26 Apr
Easy and fast booking
hollydaiz
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Clean, comfortable and great location!
4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 4 Jan 2013
My friend and I stayed here for a long weekend, and we were very happy with our stay!
We found the room very clean, and decor modern and ideal for what we were looking for! Our own fridge, and breakfast bar! Just what we needed to have our home away from home and rest our head after long days out visiting London!
Personally, for us, the location wasn't ideal. We did struggle to get home after the tube station had closed. But we were just not used to the location.
Would defiantly return for similar trip!!
Date of stay: February 2012Trip type: Travelled with friends
4.9 miles from Hyde Park Executive Apartments
Royal National Room Standard Plus Double
2.6 miles from Hyde Park Executive Apartments
Bar/Lounge
A view from just outside the hotel
Exterior
4.8 miles from Hyde Park Executive Apartments
View more hotels in London
1,620 results
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 January 2013

.....if you chose to stay here I urge you to state you do not want a basement appartment !! My partner and I stayed here for two nights over New Year. When we arrived the staff were gracious and friendly and check-in was completed quickly. Our appartment was on the basement floor and was at the front of the building so we could here people walking by and arriving at the front door. The appartment itself was clean, tidy and as shown in the pictures on the website so we were pleased. When it came to bedtime we realised that we were directly below the reception area and all night you could hear people moving about, dragging luggage and talking, needless to say we had very interrupted sleep during our stay.
The location is fantastic and there are plenty of shops / bars nearby. We took a walk to Winter Wonderland one evening but would suggest that you take the bus as it was a good 20-25 minute walk !
My partner and I are going to return this year for another short stay but will definately NOT be staing on the basement floor !

2  Thank Newtons17
Reviewed 16 December 2012

We stayed here for 5 nights and then 2 nights (went to Paris in there). Yes the rooms are small, but they are fine! A kitchen to have breakfast in and make a snack, a decent bathroom, laundry facilities on the 3rd floor. The bed did well, suck, but I have slept on worse ones. The staff are friendly and are available from 8am until midnight I believe. There is no wifi in the rooms, but you can get internet in the rooms for a cost. (or free in the lobby) Very close to the underground, Boots, good pubs, everything you need really. The kitchen was stocked with 2 of everything (cups, plates, bowls, etc) I did pop over to Boots to buy a cheap throw away dishcloth and washing up liquid as I was making breakfast in the room. We had a burnt out light bulb in the bathroom and there was a guy there to change it pretty quickly. All in all, I really enjoyed it. I think yes, they could use some new mattresses, but I think I would return. I often sat in the lobby and surfed the web and always felt comfortable doing so. Security of the building is good too I felt. Enjoy and go out and explore London! Don't sit in your room!

Room tip: The 3rd floor room we had was great as the window opened up wide and we could see onto the street.
Reviewed 6 December 2012

not bad, clean and decent location - close to some good london boozers, tube stop and convenence stores etc. over the road from hyde park. cheap and cheerful. only slight issue is you can hear the tube train, but doesn;t affect sleeping (especially after a drink or two)

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 6 December 2012

The good :
excellent location close to tube stations, supermarkets & hyde park.
room was fairly spacious, clean and modern, well heated
very good shower
room was well equipped - had all we needed for our 3 day stay (including iron & ironing board & all cooking implements)
Service was efficient & friendly
The bad:
no problem with not servicing rooms daily in such a place, but we needed e.. dish-wasing liquid, tea towel etc and these should be provided
internet in room an extra cost (£6 per day so not expensive)

But we paid a fair price and at £75 per night this was outstanding value in London

In short look elsewhere I am sure you could find something better than this place for the price

Date of stay: November 2012
Reviewed 20 November 2012

In short, good points
1/ Close to Underground
2/ Close to supermarkets
3/ Room was clean, warm and modern
Bad Points
1/ Self contained, ahhh no. We had no Iron, Iron board, Kettle and all cooking implements. After complaining they provided these. From previous reviews this seems to be the norm
2/ Dont provide anything in the way of washing liquid, teatowels etc, apparently you have to buy these yourself. I have never seen this anywhere in the world
3/ Wireless doesnt exist in your room, you have to fight for a seat in front of reception to access internet (nothing,ike the 90's). Oh when it is working of course
4/ Anything and everything they charge you for
5/ Room was cleaned only once in 9 nights, talk about service.
6/ The door near our room was banged against the wall by the cleaners all morning, nothing like looking after your hotel guests sleep. I eventually had to threaten the staff before they got the hint.

Date of stay: November 2012