“COCKROACHES BE WARE”

Hyde Park Executive Apartments
Ranked #916 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Being a returning customer who has used this hotel on several occasions, on a break with my mother, I was very quick to recommend this place and booked without hesitation expecting, what I remember as a lovely room.

HOWEVER, THIS WAS NOT TO BE turning over in the night to be eye bulled by a cockroach, leaving me with a sleepless night too scared to make my way to the loo, our enquires where met by the receptionist with a clear blank face, not even beginning to look for a solution, reluctantly we had to book another night for our stay and again we were met with the bugs.

Further to this, our room even after the mention of bugs was not cleaned once!!!

This has been my first week starting a new job here in London and this has been a place to rest my head, but instead was stressful

• Stayed: April 2014

Reviewed 29 March 2014

After reading the reviews on trip adviser I was very worried about staying here as I had booked for my friend and I. I rang the hotel and was reassured by a helpful member of staff but I asked could we upgrade. We upgraded to a club room , it was spotless clean . Very quiet and overall great place to stay. Kitchen and bathroom lovely and clean, safe , ironing board, kettle , toaster , microwave, good shower. 2 mins to the nearest tube station, what more could you want for a great price in the centre of London!! Pleasant helpful staff in a busy entrance , not accessible without fob you get when you check in.

Room Tip: If in doubt ask to view , back maybe quietest
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 March 2014

The only good thing about this "hotel" is it's location, being only about 400 yards from Quensway Underground station. This can also have disadvantages though if like us you have booked a double room as opposed to a suite, as the double rooms are in the basement. This means that you can hear the trains, as well as walk to them easily!
The first thing that strikes you when you get into the reception area is the lack of anything resembling a traditional hotel reception other than a very small desk and a vending machine. After being given a room key you are directed to the lift. As you get out of the lift there are no signs to tell you where any of the rooms are so it is a case of trying one corridor and checking the roomnumbers to see if you are going in the right direction.
The room itself can best be described as adequate to sleep in. As the "hotel" has no facilities to speak of the room does have a TV, a fridge, a hot plate, a microwave oven and a sink. There are however no instructions for any of the appliances. One can order dinner to be served in the room after 5.00 pm, but there is only space for one person to sit and eat it at the "breakfast bar". Bathroom was quite good.
The bed was reasonably comfortable, but stuck in one corner of the room, making access for the person sleeping nearest the wall difficult.
Overall an easy to get to location, room with bed and chairs, but I won't be coming here again.

Room Tip: Presume rooms on higher floors would be quieter.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank waddesdon11
Reviewed 5 March 2014

DO NOT stay here!!!!
My partner & I booked a medium luxury suite, however when we arrived & was given the key to our supposedly luxury suite we got quite a shock.

First of all just around the corner from our room there was a mouse trap. When we entered it was a tiny box room which you could not swing a cat in. The bed was as hard as the floor. It was a dark room situated in the basement, nothing like the pictures of the medium luxury suite when you book on line!

I immediately went to reception & showed her the pictures online & told her we did not want a room in the basement. I asked to be moved as we were not happy. She gave me a key to a different room & again it was a dark & dingy basement room.

I took the key back & demanded we were put in the room we had payed for. She said she could not do that as all these rooms were on the 4th floor & were all occupied. I was
fuming & asked to speak to a manager but she said they were nit in till tommorow. We decided not to stay there that night & left after 15mins of being there.

We stayed at the Grande Royal opposite which was luxury & they even upgraded us to a club room. The staff could not do enough for us. Would highly recommend this hotel.

The next morning we went back to see the manager. I was sent to the 1st floor where I was greated by the 2 managers in their office. I told them my concerns but they were not interested at all, sitting there arguing there point out & telling me they will do nothing about it!
I was appalled, i told them their pictures were misleading & they should state online about their basement rooms. They disagreed & I left with fury, they took the balance out of my account & we never even stayed there.

These appartments are not what they say they are, they are cold, depressing & cheap & you will be extremely disappointed if you book to stay here. Book a proper hotel, there's plenty of them!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2014
4  Thank Kriskobi
Reviewed 4 March 2014

This hotel has an absolute perfect location to get around London. But be sure that when you book you don't get a room in the basement. We first got a room facing the backyard in the basement (where people could walk just past our window, and the room was so hot that the window had to be open). This kind of room you could only offer in a hostel. The staff was helpful and arranged a temporary room, which was more than dirty, but the second day we got a nice room on the 3rd floor. Here it was, for London standards, okay clean.

Room Tip: As high as possible.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 February 2014

On the bright side, it's cheap. On the negative side, everything else! Not so much executive apartments as student digs. Labyrinthine corridors (unsignposted) lead to small rooms with monastic beds and cheap fittings. OK for a night if you need to be in Bayswater but luxury it ain't.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 February 2014

A number of positive things can be said about Hyde Park Executive Apartments Hotel. The locations is good, it's cheap, modern rooms although clearly done and decorated on a tight budget, but then again the prices are very good for the area.

Normally this would mean that it is not the first hotel where the name is somewhat off compared with the offered product, but considering the price it is good value for money.

BUT the bed was so bad that it's surreal that they have a bed like this in a hotel. After the stay I have seen a few other reviews and can see that it's a general experience and not limited to one room. As said if the beds were replace the hotel would be good value for money. It's without doubt the worst bed I have ever tried to sleep in.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple