“Top location”

Hyde Park Executive Apartments
Ranked #918 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 7 April 2014

We stayed here for a week in one of the rooms/apartments which overlooked the front street. This was our request and we really enjoyed the views of the grand buildings on the other side of the street. I find this hotel complex somewhat of a hotel/apartment hybrid. It's basically a hotel room with a little kitchenette and a laundry service in one of the floors. This suited us fine as we needed to drink the occasional coffe and prepare something simple in the evening, but I wouldn't recomend it for cooking a three course meal. There is a lack of space and equipment for that. The room itself was smallish, so was the bathroom, but we managed for the week, so it wasn't that bad. It was nicely and simple furnised, just in need of a fresh lick of paint and some minor maintainance. There wasn't any noise from street even though the windows don't look very soundproof, but you could hear everything from the next room, which is a connecting room and from the hall.
The staff at the reception were nice enough and we could get the room a little early. They were very helpful with giving guidance and some tips for the airport transport and even googled for some bus and metro stops, when we were in a hurry. The only nuisance was the credit card pre authorisation, which takes quite some time to clear up. The location of the hotel is great. There are two metro stops just around the corner, with central line, that takes you to Oxford street in just two stops. The area around the hotel is very lively, with lots food markets and other shops and low budget restaurants and fast food. Near by is also Whiteley's shopping mall and on your doorstep there are Kensington gardens, perfect for a morning or evening stroll or run. The price for the room was reasonable and while we think we could find something slightly better for our next stay, we'll probably stay here again, as long as we don't overpay. With London hotels you never know what you get and we wouldn't want to risk it and ruin our stay as we had before. Overall a satisfactory stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,282)

Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

Despite reading some awful reviews about this place, we didn't think it was that bad.
Yes, it was a tad noisy if you left the window open, there was only one set of cutlery and the shower bowl filled up rather quickly and almost overflowed BUT it was clean, comfortable and served it's purpose.
We used it as a base and it is in a great location close to some great restaurants and Hyde Park.
Good value for money.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Helen K
Reviewed 4 April 2014

This place is in a good location being close to Kensington Gardens and Queensway and Bayswater Tube stations. It was clean and relatively cheap. if this is all you're after then this place may be for you. But otherwise...
The images of the rooms on the website do not match the reality. None of the pictures on the walls, mats, cushions etc. are anywhere to be seen. The rooms are spartan and unwelcoming. The legs on our bed were wobbly and askew and it looked like it might collapse at any moment. We informed the reception staff of this and were told "but I upgraded you to a lovely room". Missing the point somewhat we again stated that the bed looked like it was going to collapse. He then said he'd have his "workmen" look at it. This never happened. His response was smarmy and dismissive to say the least. When we asked about another room we were told the place was fully booked out, but we could have a room in the basement. Que? Fortunately the bed didn't collapse.
Be aware that there is NO WIFI in the rooms. You have to hover about the delightful reception area to get it. I'm not sure what "deluxe bathroom amenities" means either. There's not even a soap dish or shelf in the shower, everything has to go on the floor.
To top this off the morning of our checkout at 9:40am (checkout being 10am) a member of the cleaning staff entered our room without knocking and said "why have you locked the door, you can't lock the door!". I beg your pardon? She then said "how long before this room is ready!?" My partner politely told her to go away.. We fled not long after

Room Tip: Don't let them put you in the basement
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Elle_Dee2014
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Being a returning customer who has used this hotel on several occasions, on a break with my mother, I was very quick to recommend this place and booked without hesitation expecting, what I remember as a lovely room.

HOWEVER, THIS WAS NOT TO BE turning over in the night to be eye bulled by a cockroach, leaving me with a sleepless night too scared to make my way to the loo, our enquires where met by the receptionist with a clear blank face, not even beginning to look for a solution, reluctantly we had to book another night for our stay and again we were met with the bugs.

Further to this, our room even after the mention of bugs was not cleaned once!!!

This has been my first week starting a new job here in London and this has been a place to rest my head, but instead was stressful

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 29 March 2014

After reading the reviews on trip adviser I was very worried about staying here as I had booked for my friend and I. I rang the hotel and was reassured by a helpful member of staff but I asked could we upgrade. We upgraded to a club room , it was spotless clean . Very quiet and overall great place to stay. Kitchen and bathroom lovely and clean, safe , ironing board, kettle , toaster , microwave, good shower. 2 mins to the nearest tube station, what more could you want for a great price in the centre of London!! Pleasant helpful staff in a busy entrance , not accessible without fob you get when you check in.

Room Tip: If in doubt ask to view , back maybe quietest
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 March 2014

The only good thing about this "hotel" is it's location, being only about 400 yards from Quensway Underground station. This can also have disadvantages though if like us you have booked a double room as opposed to a suite, as the double rooms are in the basement. This means that you can hear the trains, as well as walk to them easily!
The first thing that strikes you when you get into the reception area is the lack of anything resembling a traditional hotel reception other than a very small desk and a vending machine. After being given a room key you are directed to the lift. As you get out of the lift there are no signs to tell you where any of the rooms are so it is a case of trying one corridor and checking the roomnumbers to see if you are going in the right direction.
The room itself can best be described as adequate to sleep in. As the "hotel" has no facilities to speak of the room does have a TV, a fridge, a hot plate, a microwave oven and a sink. There are however no instructions for any of the appliances. One can order dinner to be served in the room after 5.00 pm, but there is only space for one person to sit and eat it at the "breakfast bar". Bathroom was quite good.
The bed was reasonably comfortable, but stuck in one corner of the room, making access for the person sleeping nearest the wall difficult.
Overall an easy to get to location, room with bed and chairs, but I won't be coming here again.

Room Tip: Presume rooms on higher floors would be quieter.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank waddesdon11
Reviewed 5 March 2014

DO NOT stay here!!!!
My partner & I booked a medium luxury suite, however when we arrived & was given the key to our supposedly luxury suite we got quite a shock.

First of all just around the corner from our room there was a mouse trap. When we entered it was a tiny box room which you could not swing a cat in. The bed was as hard as the floor. It was a dark room situated in the basement, nothing like the pictures of the medium luxury suite when you book on line!

I immediately went to reception & showed her the pictures online & told her we did not want a room in the basement. I asked to be moved as we were not happy. She gave me a key to a different room & again it was a dark & dingy basement room.

I took the key back & demanded we were put in the room we had payed for. She said she could not do that as all these rooms were on the 4th floor & were all occupied. I was
fuming & asked to speak to a manager but she said they were nit in till tommorow. We decided not to stay there that night & left after 15mins of being there.

We stayed at the Grande Royal opposite which was luxury & they even upgraded us to a club room. The staff could not do enough for us. Would highly recommend this hotel.

The next morning we went back to see the manager. I was sent to the 1st floor where I was greated by the 2 managers in their office. I told them my concerns but they were not interested at all, sitting there arguing there point out & telling me they will do nothing about it!
I was appalled, i told them their pictures were misleading & they should state online about their basement rooms. They disagreed & I left with fury, they took the balance out of my account & we never even stayed there.

These appartments are not what they say they are, they are cold, depressing & cheap & you will be extremely disappointed if you book to stay here. Book a proper hotel, there's plenty of them!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2014