“Great Value!”

Ranked #916 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Orlando, Florida
“Great Value!”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I stayed here on my honeymoon for 2 nights while traveling through Europe. The price was great and the location is also really good. You can walk to hyde park and a metro stop is only a block away. I got a really good deal using the hotel tonight app. If you use the HOTEL_TONIGHT promo code you get an additional $25 off. I don't think there is a way to get a better deal on the room then using that app. I think I paid around $50 for a $120 room.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Turkish first
Andover, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We booked a room here for somewhere to sleep on a night out in London and it does what it says on the tin! Receptionist was friendly, room was basic but clean with a kitchenette and a very nice (although small) bathroom. Only 3 sets of towels provided so reception delivered another set in 10 minutes. It was the hottest weekend ever so again, we called reception and they bought an additional fan upstairs in 10 minutes. Very accommodating! Location is great, near to tube stations and bus stops and a Costa and Spar shop round the corner for basics. Tea and coffee machine available in reception along with a vending machine for cold drinks and snacks. To be honest, the word executive doesn't really apply to this place but it's basic, cheap accommodation in a great location. I'm sure we'd all rather be in the Savoy with air con and room service but this suited our budget and was half the price of 2 rooms at a Premier Inn/Travelodge!

Room Tip: We were on the 4th floor which was quiet and overlooked the street. Corridors and lifts were boiling...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
victoria
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Great location.. Shocking rooms.. Crawl into bed no space either side.. Stuffy no air con . No wifi .. No servicing .. Once bitten..location was great.. Day staff helpful.. Wifi didn't work in tiny lobby either..

• Stayed July 2014
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Omg where do I start?!? Firstly, the maximum they should charge for the room I stayed in is £50 AT THE MOST!! it was a stuffy little basement ROOM. There is no way this is an apartment. They should be sued for false advertisement as 1. Not an apartment, 2. No where near luxury & 3. The word executive is thrown in the mix to spruce it up but it only adds insult to injury. The hostel next door were literally outside our window smoking weed & being loud & I didn't feel safe at all. I asked if we could move & the guy at reception said there was nothing he could do but he'll keep an eye out. To be fair the staff were friendly but the actual place itself was a joke.

We were in a basement room with bars on the window for safety I suppose but it felt like a dungeon. People were banging right outside our room at like 7.30am doing building work. It's not a peaceful place to stay in. There was banging and door slamming right above our heads all night. I felt like the workers were trying to look through the window. It was horrible. It was the worst nights sleep I've had. The shower had a mind of it's own aswell going scorching hot then freezing. There was no air conditioning & I didn't want to open the window because of all the people sitting outside our room. Honestly, I feel like crying with this experience it was just dreadful.

I just wanted to leave from the moment I woke up. In other places I've relaxed & lounged for a bit but this wasn't the place for that. Absolute joke. They should just rename this as a hostel & quit sugar coating over the fact that it is one. Overpriced even for London. The location is good but I wouldn't waste your time or money!!

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Supernatural-Bunny
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

Just leaving after 3 days at the Hyde Park Executive Apartments. Having read some reviews I was slightly concerned but need not have worried. We were allocated apartment 307. It had a clean modern bathroom, a comfortable double bed and a kitchenette with adequate supplies.
2 bus stops away from Lancaster Gate Tube station. Admittedly there is no air con and the hall ways are mega stuffy (especially with nice weather we've had) but we just left our window open when out and put the blind down and this kept the room well ventilated.
Clean towels provided, TV with 3-4 channels on and room service where required.

Great location, would definitely stop here again

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Dlah
Stockport, Ohio
Reviewed 14 July 2014

The location is very good. Eclectic, near the tube and bus line and Kensington and Hyde Parks with lots of places to eat and drink. We stayed in the "executive apartments" for 6 nights and if we could have changed hotels we would have, but we had to pay the full amount on check in. There is no air conditioning and it was warm in London. the windows opened and we got a fan, but it was still very hot and very uncomfortable the entire time. Our room was also noisy. The shower was also extremely small for anyone with broad shoulders. There was wifi in the small lobby area but only a few places to sit. We asked for help a few times from the front desk staff (for a fan, to refund change, even for a map of the area). They seemed to want to help but really had no way to help. This was only one notch above a hostile. We do not recommend the facility. We also had a family member traveling with us who had a room. Their experience was the same with the exception that their room was some cooler with the fan.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back of the hotel are quieter than on the street side. Ask for a fan in the summer. A...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Humbeusa
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 July 2014

This was the most awful travel experience ever. These apartments are anything but "executive". We arrived to celebrate our wedding anniversary and were given the key to a tiny room in the basement. it was unbelievably hot, there was damp on the walls, the bed was thin and lumpy and there wasn't even a mirror in the bedroom. It was like a travellers' hostel. We complained and were basically told we had no alternative so we checked out and moved into the Grand Royale Hotel across the road where we were treated like royalty. Hyde Park Executive Apartment staff were rude and unhelpful and would not even consider a refund. I hope I never set foot in a place like this ever again!

Room Tip: Stay at the Grand Royale instead - 4* and the same price!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple