“Good value stay - but unbearably hot during summer!”

Hyde Park Executive Apartments
Ranked #895 of 1,063 Hotels in London
“Good value stay - but unbearably hot during summer!”
Reviewed 30 August 2014

We had a very nice stay at this place. Great location, clean rooms, nice staff at the reception.
Very close to Paddington, which was perfect when taking the Heathrow express. Only about 10-15 minute walk from there. The Bayswater area is also nice with restaurants and cafés. Walking in to the centre doesn't take long either. It's a nice walk through Kensington and Hyde Park. We didn't take the tube or bus anywhere. Since the rooms are considered as apartments they don't have cleaning service at all and if you want new towels you have to ask at the reception, which we didn't know until I overheard someone saying that in the lobby on our last day. But no biggie for us anyway.

People seem to complain about the size of rooms and bathrooms, but seriously, most big city hotels are like this everywhere around the world. I thought it was perfectly fine, you're not supposed to do any major activities in the room except sleeping anyway. Bathroom was small, yes, but it was clean. For someone with long hair it will take time to wash it though, because the shower pressure is very lame (at least on the 4th floor).

Everything was great and would have been perfect if it wasn't for the fact that the heat was absolutely unbearable! We had to go and buy a table fan ourselves because otherwise we wouldn't have been able to stay.

I also believe that in these modern days wifi should be available also in the rooms (now it's only in the lobby), but if it wasn't for the fact that I had to work a few days I wouldn't really have minded. So wouldn't stay again for business trips, but for just a regular vacation it's good.

Also, they charge £5 to store your luggage after check-out even if it's only for an hour, which I haven't encountered anywhere else in the world (unless you store it in a safe - which they don't). Should be for free unless you can guarantee absolute safety.

But all in all a good stay and I would stay there again; during autumn and winter, when it's not as hot. Or prepare to bring a fan with you.

Room Tip: Room 412 was clean and nice.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 28 August 2014

The staff were horrible. There was a Indian man serving us. He was not helpful at all, he actually told us if we don't like it there then we should go back to our country which I found quite racist. He made us feel like dirt, the room was no better. There was a cockroach near the cooker and when we complained about it we got ignored. The bed was very creaky and had stains all over the sheets. I will never ever stay there again and advise everyone not to. Grand royale hotel is opposite the hotel and is 100 times better. DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL!!! SAVE YOUR MONEY!!! :)

• Stayed August 2014

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 August 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend booked me a trip to London for 1 night for my birthday and he found these apartments on Hotels Combined.

The location was great and they were really easy to get to, located right around the corner of the underground station. We were given a basement room (B06) which I was a little worried about because I had read previous reviews about them. But when we went in it wasn't that bad, very basic but it had everything you would need for a small studio apartment, it reminded me of a studio my friend from uni stays in. We didn't bother to open the blinds as they were shut when we entered the room and knew that there would be nothing to see and we weren't even in the building for 12 hours before we left we just wanted somewhere to literally sleep and take a shower so didn't use any of the kitchen facilities.

The bathroom was very clean but it took me a while to figure out how to work the shower. I didn't really sleep very well in the evening, not only did I hear cars and lorries speeding by outside and everything through the wafer thin walls but the bed creaks really badly. My boyfriend moves about a lot in his sleep and every time he moved the bed creaked so bad it woke me up. The pillows were also as flat as a pancake.

If it wasn't for the bed being so loud and uncomfortable I would have given a higher rating but because we just wanted a bed to sleep in it really wasn't a great nights sleep.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

Me and my girlfriend stayed here during one of our visits in London last year. It seemed to be quite a nice place for a decent price. But the staff was pretty mellow and didn't seem to care too much. The rooms we're really small and you could hear the neighbor snore and the bed was a total disaster! Half broken and extremely short with some stains on the sheets.. Not good!

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Rooms nothing like the pictures. No nice pictures on the walls, no throws or cushions and the walls were badly scuffed. Everything was bland and unmaintained.

Walls thin as paper... Could actually hear the neighbours cutlery on their plates as they ate, heard the neighbour snoring, constant noise throughout the night.

Met a couple of ladies the next morning in the lift as I went to get a hair dryer from reception. They were as unhappy as I was about the accommodation.

Free wifi was available from the small reception area only, and unfortunately I could not get 4G in the basement located 'apartment' (had to use apostrophes here... It hurts to even refer to the cell we had as an apartment).

Further, the fire door outside our 'apartment' closing mechanism did not work meaning the door did not close, even when pushed to. Somewhat disconcerting as this appears to be one of the firebreaks between two of the buildings making up the apartment blocks.

One other disturbing safety factor, the external door was wedged wide open. We entered at 11.30pm with not even a look up from the night receptionist (who I couldn't see as he was not sat at the reception, but in the little office at the side of it. The door was open and I turned and looked in. He did not even notice). Not sure what the point of the security fob they gave me when I checked in.

On the street, prior to entering their was groups of young men sat around together outside the hostel a few houses down, and another scruffy building between Hyde park exe. apartments and the hostel. It did not feel particularly safe. You can imagine my concern that the apartments were not even secure with the door wedged open.

This was not a good experience by any stretch of the imagination. Find somewhere else is my advice. Whether you take that advice or not is up to you.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Smedbec
Brackley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 August 2014

From the description of 4 star and professional looking images I was looking forward to our stay however upon arrival quickly realised this was little more than a hostel, just a fancy title. Rooms were tiny, stuffy no air to mention which meant sleeping almost an impossibility. I've been in bigger hotel bathrooms. Ok so it was clean but I didn't feel likei had had a four star experience at all.
So the price is good for Central London so if you want to just put your heat down for a night ok ( best I winter, might just be ok heat wise then) but don't advertise as executive luxery city life living. Living. The city life DOES NOT resemble this

Room Tip: Don't bother
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Miniscule room with bed pushed up against a wall. Street noise, No tea or milk on arrival, Will insist you pay in your home currency even if you want to pay in £ s. Excellent location and clean.
...................................................................