“Inexplicably popular”

Chix Chox
Ranked #6,247 of 22,367 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Cheap Eats, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Brunch, After-hours, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
London
“Inexplicably popular”
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Having visited today for lunch, I have read the reviews below with bafflement. Friendly service translated as far as we were concerned to silent, resentful (if efficient) banging down of plates in front of us. Pizza was good, everything else indifferent to downright inedible. Clientele mostly ossified. This restaurant may have had a heyday in about 1982 but has been declining steeply ever since, by the feel of it. Not cheap, either (or not cheap enough to justify the food). I would have given one star, but a grudging half smile (presumably because we were leaving) and a lollipop for the kids from the chap on the till rescued a second.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Lexakit

Welwyn, United Kingdom
“a great place to eat for the whole family”
Reviewed 25 March 2014

we recently had a family "do" here & the food & service was fantastic & there was no feeling that you had to rush your meal so the next customers could have your table like you get in some restaurants, even though there were some fussy eaters in the group, all were catered for & all plates were cleared, the ice creams & deserts were second to none, this is a perfect place for couples & families alike, I would highly recommend.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Louthster
Bewdley, England, United Kingdom
“Authentic and lovely food”
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Liked: Just round corner from guest house. The food was lovely and the service great.
Disliked: Nothing

Visited March 2014
2 Thank middlemarsh29
London, United Kingdom
“Always good”
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Great establishment. Never had a bad meal here and I've been coming since I was a nipper.
Friendly, knowledgeable service and the food is always piping hot and delicious. Too many favourites to list but include any freshly made pizza, veal escalope with spaghetti bolognese, tagliatelle carbonara and seafood linguine.

This is what I call a proper family run restaurant with reasonably priced fayre, where the customer is definitely put first. Probably why they've been going strong for 40 years plus.

My uncle, from Cornwall, who is notoriously hard to impress, thoroughly enjoyed himself. 'Elvis' was singing when I introduced him to the place. Not something I usually like whilst eating, but it was done well. My uncle however, was singing along whilst enjoying a hearty meal washed down with copious amounts of red wine. So much so, it's the first place on his extensive list next time he is in London.

Visited January 2014
2 Thank EafGlobal
London, United Kingdom
“Always brilliant food and service”
Reviewed 2 March 2014

I have been going to this restaurant for years. Firstly with just my husband, and later with our kids. It's brilliant food served in a wonderfully relaxed environment. The staff are always welcoming and remember my kids names which shows how attentive they are to their customers. Everything I've ordered over the years I've enjoyed. Please take any negative comments about this restaurant with a pinch of salt because honestly it's never happened to me or any of the many other family's I know who also eat here. I would always be happy to recommend this place to anyone.

• Visited February 2014