“Chilled environment with quick and friendly service!”
Review of La Brasserie

Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: South Kensington
Transit: Tube: South Kensington Busses From Kings road, Town Hall Stop
Description: Bringing timeless Parisian chic across the Channel, La Brasserie has stood as a landmark London eatery since 1972. A refreshingly simple menu showcases time-honoured European recipes, alongside a high-end selection of boutique wines, and cocktails served from the fabulous bar. Sumptuous chef's specialities include plat du jours and seasonal menus, or classic French onion soup and beef bourguignon.
London, United Kingdom
“Chilled environment with quick and friendly service!”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Went for a friend's 21st and had an extremely pleasant time. I arrived late and was greeted by a waiter immediately to take my order and offer me a drink, resulting in getting my meal at the same time as everybody else. The staff were also incredibly friendly and the food to a solid standard for the price we were paying. Overall had a really evening and the staff's friendly faces made it even more enjoyable. Definitely recommend.

sue c, Manager at La Brasserie, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Dear customer,

Thank you so much for writing your complimentary review. We are so glad you had a good time and really look forward to coming back to see s all again soon.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
London, United Kingdom
“Great food, amazing atmosphere, all you could want and more in a dining experience!”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

The whole dining experience made it an evening I'll never forget. I had the starter of escargot which came out steaming hot and oozing with lovely garlic flavours. The service embellished the experience with all of the staff being on hand as soon as any thing was wanted. For the main I had the burger, medium rare. The meat was exquisitely cooked and the sides of fries and onion rings complimented it extremely well. We had a variety of drinks on the table including a Watermelon martini which was one of the most delightful drinks I have ever tasted. My whole experience was really topped off, not only by the quality of the food and drinks, but by the attentive service and the great atmosphere! Will definitely be returning and will be recommending it to all my friends!

sue c, Manager at La Brasserie, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Dear customer,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We are so glad you had such a good time and really look forward to coming back to see us all again soon.

“Food review”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

The atmosphere pleasant and the servers friendly and efficient despite rather a delay on serving the dessert .the starters were fine and also the desserts but .the main course , consisting of a pile of cold couscous with a few strips of lamb on top was frankly a disaster , totally uninspired ,dry and tasteless,and very poor value. A carafe of house wine would also be an improvement on wine by the glass, which contained as all serving

• Visited August 2014
sue c, Manager at La Brasserie, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear customer,

Thank you for writing your review. Sorry you did not enjoy the couscous and lamb, we will look into this right now. It is on our seasonal menu and we sell a great deal and have received no complaints, but we will look into your comments. We do hope this not not deter you from visiting us again. Please let me know if you are visiting the restaurant and i will make sure you are looked after on enquiries@labrasserielondon.com Best wishes Suzie
London, United Kingdom
“unfortunately, that was no joke ....”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Worst steak tartare of my life so far, one of the most expensive as well. Minced mead mixed with loads of pickles in it (more pickles than meat), taste was so acid that I could not really tell the meat from the pickles.... The steak was coming with chips of the french variety ( voila of course ) and there I felt reassured that my bad impression on the steak was somewhat confirmed by the fact that the chips were bad as well.
Call me fussy, call me picky, call me unfair but ... come on ... the frying fat had not been changed for many days, you know when your cheap have that sort of kerosene after taste ... Spare yourself the experience.
I am not done, the wine was bad as well. A glass of Pinot Noir cost me £12.50 but, if I had to judge from the quality, the whole bottle could have been purchased for a quarter of that sum in any chain store. Sure, if you leave your bottle open with no cork for more than a day even the best wine will turn an undrinkable liquid, let 's concede them the benefit of the doubt.
The only good thing was the bread and butter, but is that enough ? Avoid this place at all cost, please.

sue c, Manager at La Brasserie, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear Sir,

We feel compelled to point out the following :-

Our steak Tartar is one of the most popular items on our menu and we are complimented on it daily. We are extremely proud of it.

The oil we cook our frites in is changed every single evening. Again we are very proud of them.

Our Pinot Noir by the glass is £7.10 as you will see on our website labrasserielondon.com which is an excellent Pinot Noir and would never be served if not in excellent condition. It is not £12.10 as you state in your review.

We have been an independently owned restaurant for 41 years and are extremely proud of everything we do.
Stockholm, Sweden
“Good food ...let down by service and one dish”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I have been here twice and like the place and atmosphere. The second time I took a group of 8 out for lunch on the strength of the first experience. The food was great except for a very poor tasteless ceasar salad which we copmlained about. The complaint was badly handled and apart from an offer of more dressing ignored. The waitress clearly did not know the menu and left her shift and us without asking if we wanted the bill. This resulted in us waiting for 20 mins to get the bill.

I complained to the manager who said that they had a lot of new staff, and offered to take off the service charge but I said deduct 50%. This was fine by me however she did not seem interested in my compaint and how to solve it for future customers .....just in getting rid of me.

It is not cheap and I expect good service for the price and diligent management which was not supplied.

sue c, Manager at La Brasserie, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear customer,

I am so sorry that on the last occasion you visited La Brasserie you were not happy with the service.

Please do email me suelcooke@hotmail.com, so i can look into the matter thoroughly. I hope that i can then persuade you to visit us again, so we can make amends to you and show you how we can take care of our valued customers.

Marketing director