“Great lunch that won't break the bank”

Tas Borough High Street
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Southwark
Oxford, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great lunch that won't break the bank”
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

I came with a friend on a day out in London and had a lovely lunch from the set menu. It was nice and cool away from the busy street and the food was fresh and full of flavour. The waiter was friendly and helpful. Not sure why some other reviewers find fault with this place. It's not haute cuisine, but really lovely. I'll come again.

London, United Kingdom
“You cant fool a turk!!!”
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

Husband took me and our baby there for my birthday. This was one of the rests we haven't tried. Walked in and was greeted by a long faced waitress who didnt sat much just looked in our face! We asked for table for 2 and asked if there was a baby high chair and with attitude she said 'of course' we got to our table and she brought the high chair which was very dirty had black dust on it. She didnt say a word walked off and cane back with tissue to wipe it off. There was no way i was going to sit my baby on that. There was bread crumbs on the chair still i picked them up and gave it to her she gave me dirty looks. Waiters and waitresses walking pass talking in turkish which i found rude because although we understood there was other people in the rest. They were all moody and unapproachable. The guy who took my order didnt know the menu. He asked me whether i wanted rice or salad? All turkish rests offer both but i had to choose one. I chose rice and when the food arrived i had both in my plate. The portions were small. My meat was not marinated it was just grilled and all i could taste was salt. Dry salad and couscous rice. No salt, Pepper on the tables no lemon was given with food. Presentation was awful everything was just chucked in the plate. My chicken was burnt from the outside and pink inside. I couldn't eat it in the end. We couldn't wait to leave the place. Girl came over to take card payment she didnt say a word she had a long face and my husband said thank you to her she didnt say anything. On the way out she shouted behind us
Asking if we wanted turkish delight?? Errmm no thanks!!! Not even offered to us. The bill was quite high for this kind of meal. Being turkish i could cook better food. This place was booked by my best friend for her hen for 23 people, they wont be going there for sure i will recommend better turkish rests.

• Visited July 2014
Heswall, United Kingdom
“FOOD OK BUT CHOKED ON EXHAUST FUMES FROM BUSY STREET”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

The food here is very good value and always fresh.
The only problem now during the summer is that they have the whole of the restaurant frontage open onto Borough High Street. This is one of the busiest main roads in London. The traffic noise and choking fumes are terrible. Avoid especially if you have asthma or a chest condition or if you want to stay healthy.

• Visited July 2014
London
“Excellent food and service. The portion are big”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I had dinner with a group of friends at the Tas and the food was very good. The portions are big and the prices reasonable for the area, on average £15-£20 per person with soft drinks. The restaurant does not have WiFi which is a shame, but the service is very good and fast. You can also see the kitchen if you get a table in the ground floor.

• Visited June 2014
london
“Review”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We went for lunch. The bread was cold which was really weird. I don't like cold bread with hommous!!!!The lamb shishs were so yummy and the rice too. It is good valye for money.

• Visited January 2014