“Good food & reasonable price”

Tas Borough High Street
Ranked #1,816 of 22,692 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$11 - US$20
Cuisines: Turkish
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Southwark
Stafford, United Kingdom
“Good food & reasonable price”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

We visited after a matinee at the Globe for an early dinner. We have been in the past but not for a couple of years. The decor is clean and smart - it if surprisingly large inside. I'm glad to say the food is still very good & the service excellent. The menu is extensive & the wine list pretty comprehensive. As we were early we had no problem with a table but evening bookings are a must. They regularly cater for parties of 20+.

• Visited August 2014

“Never get tired of it”
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

I am a frequent visitor at Tas and I never get tired of it - lunch or dinner. Its very varied menu and reasonably low prices make me go there at least once per week, solo or in couple or with friends. For first time visitors, I recommend the "mezze set menu", which would allow you to try a little bit of everything. Within the main courses, I personally recommend the Chicken Casserole with cashew nuts and the Spinach cooked with chickpeas and halloumi cheese (veggie - option). The mixed grill - both the one served with cous cous and the one served with yogurt- is worth trying and the lamb meat is tender and delicious. Within the mezze, I really like the cold aubergines cooked with chickpeas and tomatoes - truly amazingly tasty. Also the humus with lamb meat and pine nuts is extraordinary. I really like the fact that while waiting for the food to come, you can snack olives, bread and a creamy yogurt sauce. The personnel is kind and the environment informal - definitely recommended if you want to try some good quality Mediterranean cuisine.

“I never tire of this place”
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

I love Turkish food and this is one of the best restaurants that I have been to. Is was my second visit and the food and atmosphere were lovely as ever.

We had the Yaz menu which was the maze menu. As a big fan borek I can say that the borek at this restaurant is lite and tastes fantastic. The other aspects of the maze set menu were just as nice.

The only down side for me which is probably because I not too keen on nutmeg was my kazandibi which is a set milk desert and had a lot of nutmeg on top which is just my personal preference.

Visited July 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Great choice in every occasion”
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

I might be a bit biased given my Turkish origins but this place is genuinely a great choice if you are considering taste, service and budget all in once. I typically go there weekdays afterwork on average twice a month and never had any bad experience. The menu is suitable for both vegetarians and meat lovers. Vegetarian starters (meze’s) or mains are not made up just to attract vegetarian customers, they all belong to the historical Turkish cuisine. Meat selection is also wide enough and includes some nice casseroles as well as grilled kebabs. Service is great; staff is very hospitable and welcome you from the minute you step in. Pricewise, a bottle of house wine imported from Turkey is around £17 and the rest of the menu is a bit below the most chains you might go in London. Overall it’s a good choice whether it’s a romantic date or a business dinner.

• Visited July 2014
“Best Turkish cuisine in London (and not only)”
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

Went with friends in this restaurant various times, and I have never been dissapointed. Everything on the menu is delicious and authentic, and the decorations very tastedul and elegant. I especially loved the houmous as an apetiser. The meat is always perfectly cooked and tasty, and portions are generous. You've got to try their deserts as well, they are a real treat! My favorite is the "künefe". To top it all off, service is amazing and staff very friendly and serviable. A real gem of a restaurant that everyone should try at least once. You will fall in love with it, guaranteed!