“Good Turkish food near the Shard”

Tas Borough High Street
Ranked #1,800 of 22,544 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$11 - US$20
Good for: Groups, Kids, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Southwark
London, United Kingdom
“Good Turkish food near the Shard”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

I've dined here a couple of times with friends and with work colleagues. The food and service are good and there are also good offers for groups or special occasions.

It has a nice atmosphere and it's suitable for large groups and celebrations.

• Visited December 2013

Basel
“Even better the second time.”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I ate here 18 months ago and vowed to come back with my wife and our one-year-old. This is about the nicest place you can find that can accommodate a small child. The food was even better than I remembered it, especially the calamari. But mostly, I can't say enough about how nice the staff was, especially with the baby. And I want to tell you just how nice they were on a busy Friday night: After dinner, we had them call us a cab, who was supposed to be there at 7PM. We were standing out in front of the restaurant waiting. At 7:08 one of the staff members came outside to us and said she'd called the cab company back--without being asked--and they said they were on their way. Now that's a class act. Basically they treat you like family while serving you delicious food. if you don't know what you like, order one of the mixed plates. With 8 little dishes to choose from, I'll bet you like at least five or six.

• Visited August 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent food great atmosphere fantastic service and great value can't fault it”
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

We went as a large group. The restaurant was very busy but the staff remained attentive cheerful and kept a smile on their faces at all times.

The food was excellent and the service just as good. We have lived in South London all our lives and just discovered this place. Well worth a visit!

Seyhmus was attentive and welcoming and made our experience even more special with a cake for myself and another of our party celebrating our birthdays, along with candle and Happy Birthday playing in the background.

A wonderful night! Thanks.

Stafford, United Kingdom
“Good food & reasonable price”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

We visited after a matinee at the Globe for an early dinner. We have been in the past but not for a couple of years. The decor is clean and smart - it if surprisingly large inside. I'm glad to say the food is still very good & the service excellent. The menu is extensive & the wine list pretty comprehensive. As we were early we had no problem with a table but evening bookings are a must. They regularly cater for parties of 20+.

• Visited August 2014
“Never get tired of it”
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

I am a frequent visitor at Tas and I never get tired of it - lunch or dinner. Its very varied menu and reasonably low prices make me go there at least once per week, solo or in couple or with friends. For first time visitors, I recommend the "mezze set menu", which would allow you to try a little bit of everything. Within the main courses, I personally recommend the Chicken Casserole with cashew nuts and the Spinach cooked with chickpeas and halloumi cheese (veggie - option). The mixed grill - both the one served with cous cous and the one served with yogurt- is worth trying and the lamb meat is tender and delicious. Within the mezze, I really like the cold aubergines cooked with chickpeas and tomatoes - truly amazingly tasty. Also the humus with lamb meat and pine nuts is extraordinary. I really like the fact that while waiting for the food to come, you can snack olives, bread and a creamy yogurt sauce. The personnel is kind and the environment informal - definitely recommended if you want to try some good quality Mediterranean cuisine.