“excellent three times”

Twelve Transfers
Ranked #9 of 367 Transportation in London
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: London airport taxi transfers, cruise taxi transfers and much more! Twelve is not your regular taxi, minicab, shuttle, airport transfer ... or whatever you would like to call it type of service. We are't new in the business, but yet we are creating something new. We like to think outside the box and consider ourselves much more than just that, we believe in offering a product that meets your needs, but doesn't tear a hole in your pocket. We have developed a means of connecting you with the driver directly; our network from London and around the UK are here to assist you with your every day transfer needs ... and by doing this we are ensuring you get the best deal each time and every time. With over 6 years experience in the London taxi and minicab industry, you can be sure that Twelve will always find you the best driver and car. Our aim is to offer a great alternative to the existing solutions, but in a simpler way. Rest assured that whatever requirement you might have, we are here to fulfil it, Twelve months a year at your service.
Reviewed 30 December 2016

pre booked twelve transfers for airport pickup from Gatwick and for a full day of sightseeing around the London area. (11 hours of car at our service), And last minute drop off back at airport from London because for the three of us to take the train with 9 bags, suitcases, carry-ons, and personal bag was only a few dollars per person difference and for the convenience of door to door it was a no brainer. They were always on time even when our flight was 2 hours delayed arriving. Very courteous, and compared to other forms of transportation, very reasonable. I cannot emphasize enough the value of the freedom when compared to bus tours. You pick where you want to go and how long you want to stay. example: 3 hours for Harry Potter Studio Tour definitely not enough time. Same for Windsor Castle and Hampton Court Palace. We did it all at our own pace. Cannot do that with a bus tour. Twelve transfers was a great ride, would definitely use them again. Being from New York, I used their on line chat quite a bit as well as communicated with email. It was the only way I could reach them on my breaks at work. Alex handled my tour correspondence, he always got back to me within a day or less if he wasn't in the office when I was able to chat. Great company, I highly recommend.

Date of experience: December 2016
Write a ReviewReviews (1,105)
All reviews
"reliable service"
in 19 reviews
"great driver"
in 14 reviews
"highly recommend this company"
in 14 reviews
"companies"
in 15 reviews
"dover"

Reviewed 29 December 2016

We waited for over an hour for our driver to pick us up due to atrocious back office support. While the driver was fine, he was sent to the wrong terminal. It required 4 phone calls to get the pick up correctly coordinated. Needless to say, we did not use this service again on our return to Heathrow.

1  Thank 770berniet
Twelve-Transfers, General Manager at Twelve Transfers, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2016

Dear Bernie,

Thank you for leaving us your feedback. I am sorry to hear that you considered the office staff specifically at fault for the minor delay which occurred on the day of your journey.

Unfortunately, I must correct you and specify that the delay was nowhere near 1 hour as you stated in your review. Based on figures from our system, from the moment the driver was informed that he entered the incorrect terminal up to the time he actually collected you from the correct one, reflects a time gap of only 15 minutes. The pickup was undertaken at 10:27 AM, considering the journey was scheduled for 10:15 AM; this was mainly caused by us having no direct contact for yourself, as you had provided us with the landline number from the hotel you needed to reach, and not a direct phone number for yourself or that of a passenger from your group. As you can appreciate, we were forced to reach you by email and wait for your call to ensure the driver was aware of the correct location you were at. Furthermore, I am unsure how you totalled a number of 4 calls, when our records show only 1 phone call/conversation actually took place.

Although we appreciate the fact that delays are annoying, especially after a long flight, we believe this inconvenience could have easily been avoided had you provided us with your contact from start, and not that of the hotel you needed to reach. Nonetheless, we would like to apologise for the inconvenience created and truly hope you can give us the opportunity to prove that incidents such as the one you mention do not take place regularly with our service.

Kind regards, Florina C.

Reviewed 29 December 2016

Our driver was on time, friendly and helpful. We have had a smooth journey and were dropped off right outside the terminal. Thank you.

Reviewed 29 December 2016

Everything was great. I have nothing bad to tell about this company. The drivers were very nice and kind.