Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
PricelineUS$80
FindHotelUS$80
eDreamsUS$80
Agoda.comUS$80
TripadvisorUS$80
StayForLong
All reviews complimentary cheese and wine frosted glass queen room rooms are small massive tv no window short stay st pauls covent garden family room would stay again air conditioning tea coffee night's sleep bed bunk hairdryer
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 September 2016

The hotel was very nice and clean. They let us heck in early at 11 am which was highly appriciated! All the staff was great! Always smiling and always willing to help.

The rooms are very small and compact. As a couple who stayed several nights it started to become an issue. The toilette and the shower is in a cube of glass and when sitting on the toilette you are only about 60 cm from your partners head when he was sleeping ... not great. So I guess for a singel traveller this room would be great.

We also had a bit of a problem with the AC. We never seemed to be able to get the room warm. We were always cold.

We enjoyed the breakfast and we loved the complimentary cheese and wine that were offered each afternoon between 5-8 pm. It was perfekt after a whole day of sightseeing before going out to dinner. It was really gernerous and good!

The location was great! It was a couple of minutes walk to Temple Underground and we could even walk to many of the sights.

So, if I would stay in London as a single traveller I would definitely stay here again. But if you are a couple staying for several night this might not be the hotel for you.

Date of stay: February 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
TheZHotelManager, Manager at The Z Hotel City, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2016

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. Our rooms are ideal for short stays, despite this we do offer larger rooms such as Z Queen and Family rooms for longer stays. I am glad you enjoyed the breakfast and the complimentary Cheese and Wine buffet, it is a nice touch, isn’t it? We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
It is very nice to hear the location was suitable for your needs, why spend time and money when you can be an Urbanite!

Reviewed 5 September 2016 via mobile

For a place that is pretty much as central to London as you can get I was unsure of what I was getting into at the cost of £85 per night.
To be honest I had all the facilities I needed and it was clean. I probably had the best night sleep I have ever had at this hotel as there is no noise between rooms and is air conditioned. Probably not one for a romantic weekend break but I will definitely be using it for all business trips.

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business

Hello Andy, thank you very much for your incredible review.
I am glad that you had a great night sleep and our facilities suited you perfect. It is great to hear you got an incredible value during your visit to City of London

We hope to see you back soon.
Best regards,

Reviewed 4 September 2016 via mobile

Me and my son stayed here for two nights last week for the bank holiday and we loved our stay hotel was Spotlessly clean the staff were really helpful and friendly especially zavier he was a life saver! It's in a great location we will definitely be going back soon.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Hello Leanne, Thanks for your review. Happy that you loved our hotel and the assistance from Javier. Will share you lovely words with Javi and the team, many thanks for your beautiful words.

Look forward to seeing you back soon.
Warm regards.

Reviewed 3 September 2016 via mobile

We were pleasantly surprised when we checked in to the hotel that we had been upgraded. Agnes, who was the young woman at reception, gave us a really great room much larger that what we had reserved. The room was clean, minimal but modern. The hotel has a beautiful scent system that greets you as you enter. At 5pm, you can enjoy a wonderful assortment of wines, cheeses and other snacks at the lounge. The location can't be beat. Oh and I need to get a hair dryer just like the one in the room. Just the best. I will make this my hotel of choice in London.

Thank you Z Hotel.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you very much for an excellent review. Glad you enjoyed the upgrade, services, facilities and location. I am pleased we exceeded your expectations with our service. Thank you for your kind words, I will share them with Agnes and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future

Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 2 September 2016

The hotel is perfectly located on Fleet Street, next to Temple Gardens, half an hour walk from Tower Bridge, 10 minutes from Saint Paul’s Cathedral, 10 minutes from the London Eye, the Tate Modern, Covent Garden… Tip: visit the Tate on Friday or Saturday night (open till 10pm) you will get a spectactular view of the City for free! Nearly everything is within walking distance and if you like exploring the town on foot, you could even go as far as Buckingham Palace, Oxford Street etc. Busses stop in front of the hotel and the tube is a 5 min. walk away (Temple Station). There are a lot of breakfast places in the neighbourhood and there are plenty of restaurants around as well. The rooms in the hotel are tiny (although the bathroom is a nice size), but well equipped (tea, coffee, hot chocolate, bottle of water, hairdryer) and very clean. I did miss a space to put our suitcase though and there is no closet to put your clothes away. When you arrive at the hotel, you are offered fresh ice tea and from 5pm till 8pm there is a free buffet with cheese, bread, wine and water. The wifi in the room is excellent and the bed is also very good. The staff is very friendly and helpful.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Guest, thank you very much for taking the time to write such a nice review and thank you for your tip. It is great to hear that you found our location, service and facilities suitable for your stay needs. Great to hear we got it right, from the bedroom facilities to hotel services. With it being very hot this summer, we thought why not surprise you with a fresh homemade Ice tea, to start your Z experience

Hope to welcome you back in the near future

Best regards,