Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
PricelineUS$79
FindHotelUS$80
eDreamsUS$79
Agoda.comUS$79
TripadvisorUS$79
StayForLong
All reviews complimentary cheese and wine frosted glass queen room rooms are small massive tv no window short stay st pauls covent garden family room would stay again air conditioning tea coffee night's sleep bed bunk hairdryer
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 July 2019

I booked the hotel because I had a wedding close by and I also work in the area. After staying in the BLOC hotel chain many times I knew what to expect, check in and out was very easy, my room was available ahead of time which was fantastic, the room was clean and as long as you don’t mind the compact nature of the room it does the job.

The bed is very firm, probably too firm for my liking but the pillows were great and I slept soundly (but that could have been because I had been dancing all night).

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Karen L
zJessicaG, Operation Manager at The Z Hotel City, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2019

Dear Karen,

Thank you for your feedback.

I am glad you had a good time. Guests' needs are very important to us I am happy to hear we could offer an early check in.

At the Z Hotel we offer compact room in prime location at an affordable price providing our guests with the necessary to have a pleasant stay and I am happy to hear this was the occasion.

We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 17 June 2019 via mobile

The Z Hotel is a fantastic hotel in a central location. The rooms are clean, accommodating and come with a range of facilities included such as tea/coffee, tv, toiletries and water. The beds are comfortable and the rooms are fitted with Air Conditioning. An added bonus is free wine and cheese in the evenings from 5pm to 8pm. The staff were all very friendly and helpful, I could not recommend this hotel more.

3  Thank MrsMamfa91

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your lovely feedback!

I am happy to hear you enjoyed our facilities and found our bed comfortable. Providing a good night sleep its our most important aim.

We love to surprise our guests offering cheese & wine and we are glad you liked it.

We are looking forward to welcome you again!

Reviewed 16 June 2019 via mobile

I spent one night here whilst I was a conference at the Law Society in Chancery Lane. The hotel was about 3 minutes walk. When I arrived I was to,d that they were upgrading my room to the accessible room I had requested. Room 19 was fabulous, lovely view of a Temple Church. Wonderful room with a great shower. Good mirror and hairdryer provided. The free cheese and wine was a lovely touch. I took the wine to my room and drank it while changing for a black tie dinner. I slept very well. I hadn’t paid for breakfast but went into the cafe attached to the hotel and was able to order what I wanted. The staff were absolutely superb. If I’m at a conference and need to stay in London I would definitely stay there again.

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank JudithG10

Dear JudithG10,

Thank you for your lovely feedback.

Customer service is a main priority for us and we are happy to hear you found our staff superb. We will share your feedback with them.

I am glad to hear our hotel facilities meet your expectations and enjoyed our cheese and wine.

I would like to take the opportunity and remind you of our Membership programme, which entitles you to have a discounted rated every time you stay in Z Hotel.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 9 June 2019

Absolutely horrible stay last night. Same complaints as the other one stars. I know they'll respond by saying they don't hide anything, but they also don't explicitly state that your room is a windowless, airless cupboard; the bed is pushed against three walls (meaning you have to crawl over your bedmate to go for a wee), and is surrounded by a horrible fabric cushioned panel you don't want to touch with your bare skin; you have to have the aircon on or you'll die, but it makes a terrible racket; the plumbing is a bit dodgy - fluctuating water temperature and pressure, and a slight whiff from the plughole; you pretty much have to have a crap in front of whoever is sharing with you (we've known each other long enough, but it's hardly what you want on a trip away); you need a manual to operate the light switches (the room is 6 foot by 8 foot for flip's sake - it only needs one light!); they've put a chair under the sawn off desk so you really have to put it out on the landing to avoid bashing in to it all the time; you can't both stand up in the room at the same time, much less get dressed; if you hang your stuff on the hooks behind the door it can be quite hard to open the door wide enough to get out; etc etc. You'd think with it being so very small it'd be immaculate, but it isn't - not filthy, but I'd only give a 6 or 7 for cleaning. And it isn't cheap like they keep trying to make out. You can find much better deals elsewhere. Even the Premier Inns at Tower Bridge and Borough are better. They don't look so chic on the internet, but you'll get a better night's sleep and a much more satisfying bathroom experience, and just because they're on the South Bank you won't be all that far from the action.

I managed not to have a complete claustrophobia-induced panic attack, but spent a rather tense, sleepless night on a sloppy mattress wondering how quickly we'd perish in a fire. Glad to be home and looking forward to bed.

Room tip: Go to another hotel
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank c0mm0ntern

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback.

We are sorry to hear that our concept did not meet your expectations.

Our rooms are very compact and designed for guests that needs a place for a night or two.
We do have rooms without windows and are perfect for guests that prefer an extra quite night. As you mentioned we do not hide anything, we are very clear about our concept and everything is explained in our website and any other Online travel agent.
We do understand that you did not feel comfortable. However, we are sure if you would have chosen a Queen room you would have a different opinion.

Reviewed 7 June 2019 via mobile

Booked through company for a week for me to work in The City.

Based on Fleet Street, it was a pleasant 45m walk along the river, 20m walk to Covent Garden and St Paul's Cathedral.

I was a bit worried about having a room without windows but, I was in the basement so understood the layout. Needn't have worried, Ron was well laid out with air conditioning. It also encourages you to head out.

While there is a place to eat, you are in a cafe that will be frequented by commuters. I used it once but decided to use a cafe in the office campus I was working in. Just like the other hotel I stayed in the previous week, there are plenty of pubs.

Check in and out was very efficient, staff always said hello. Room was clean, always fresh everyday. Very important, the glass pod shower room was fantastic.

Very comfortable place to stay.

Gripe? The lack of a decent desk to get that last hours work crammed in.

Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank vaughanie_69
zJessicaG, Manager at The Z Hotel City, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2019

Dear Guest,

Firstly I would like to tank you for the feedback provided.

I am happy to know you have enjoyed your stay at Z hotel City and that you find our facilities comfortable despite the fact we do not have big desks in the rooms. Also I am pleased to know the staff was helpful and polite as at Z Hotels our main priority is the costumer service.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back and if there is any assistance needed please feel free to contact us directly and we will be more than happy to assist you.

Kind regards,