“Superb”

Ranked #2,437 of 23,713 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$27 - US$40
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Bombay Palace resides in a top-end location near Marble Arch matched by an interior of simple elegance - dark red walls and furnishings around immaculate white tablecloths and forests of glass surrounding the subtle lighting. Bombay Palace on Connaught Street, London is part of an international chain with branches in New York, Beverley Hills, Montreal, Kuala Lumpur, Brampton and Hyderabad. The first Bombay Palace was opened in 1970s to cater to the discerning clientele looking for authentic Indian cuisine. Punjabi cuisine is remarkable for having fewer hot dishes than many other regions of India, and for its alternative focus on creamy marinades and, especially, charcoal-cooked tandoori dishes. The London branch, opened in 1981, has undergone a massive refurbishment and is looking very sleek, with a beautifully designed lounge bar. The staff is infused with a greater focus to make the revitalised restaurant a success, and is warm, friendly, and knowledgeable about the food it is serving. Despite the reasonably large size of the room, the warm well-matched colour scheme made it feel cosy - a very relaxing, comfortable ambience allowing one to forget one's cares and lose oneself in the eating experience.
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Had been here before for a business dinner a few years back and remembered the food being excellent. I'm happy to say this is still the case! The menu is varied and has a good wine menu to accompany it. Both starter and main courses were lovely and the fish curry I chose had decent kick to it for those that enjoy a bit of spice. Will definitely be back for more!

Reviewed 10 May 2014

When in London I always try to visit this restaurant. This time I got the Chicken Tikka and it was really good as usual, and I asked for something outside the menu.
The chef has been so kind to make me happy, preparing a version of the lamb curry that i love in particular: the one prepared with yogurt.
It is always a pleasure to be here

Reviewed 21 April 2014

We were a party of 10, ate here on Good Friday 2014. Right from entering the restaurant, i felt the place was of it's own class. The waiters were so humble and catered to our every whim. We had 3 unruly toddlers with us, tearing about the place and they were very patient. The food was just out of this world and we ordered 10 different starters and mains and not one single one was a let down. Even the rice was done to perfection. And all of this comes from an Indian famil who understand how curry should taste. Just a delight from start to finish.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

Booked a table of 8 for my grandmother's birthday, they organized everything for me, the whole menu from starters to dessert and it came out as one of the best restaurant experience I've ever had. The butter chicken is insane, the fish curry was the best I've ever tasted and I've been to many indian restaurants believe me. The paneer with spinash was divine and so was the jumbo prawns. Anyone visiting london trying to get authentique traditional indian food has to stop in this one, great service on top of it!

Reviewed 31 March 2014

The decor in this restaurant is beautiful, but don't let that fool you. The 'curries' (and I use that term loosely) are tasteless - and that's being kind. We left without paying for one because I couldn't eat it, it was that bad! The staff started asking me what it should taste like?!

1  Thank kattimlin
BombayPalaceW2, Manager at Bombay Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Dear Madam,
We sincerely thank you for your feedback on your dining experience. It is extremely unfortunate that the dish you ordered was not to your taste. We constantly endeavour to work toward customer satisfaction and offer to remove or replace a dish immediately on feedback, as you experienced.
We hope to welcome you back and appreciate you time in expressing your comments.