“Save your money”

Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Mayfair
Reviewed 21 January 2014

first let me tell you i have 15 years of experience in the restaurant business and this was 1 of the worst experience i had in mayfair. All in all it wasn't everything terrible but for 180 £ for 2 people i think a dinner shoul be at least good.....
chicken was burn, taste like burn oil, like if the grill wasn't clean since 2 weeks. i send it back and no manager show up to my table to explain what happen. a waiter came back with the same plates and told us that that was the way of i the chicken should be and if they make it new it will be the same way...... i knew it, if you don't clean you grill it will taste burn again and again... i know what i'm talking about, believe me!!
then the dessert, let me tell you what they bring as a petit four.... M&M!!! yes a bowl of M&M!! ok, don't get me wrong, i love M&M but not at the end of a dinner of 180£!!!!
so now you should know better than me, don't go to shogun!!

1  Thank Gianni555
There are newer reviews for Shogun

Reviewed 22 November 2013

This restaurant lies underneath the Millennium hotel. Basically, it's a cellar transformed in a restaurant.

The entrance is "doomy"; staff is nice and rather courteous.

Menu is nice and well executed; however, it's quite expensive for what it is. Sushi is good, other kind of food nice but not to die for. They also have a decent selection of sake, although it might be daunting for the newcomers, and sometimes the staff cannot explain the differences and recommend one in particular.

Overall, if you feel to eat Japanese, you don't care so much about being in a cellar and cash is not a problem, then this place is for you.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

The hostess at this restaurant was fantastic - she recommended some dishes we'd never tried before, and they were superb: as well as excellent sushi we had a sort of Japanese beef carpaccio which was delicious. Friendly waiting staff and a really nice atmosphere - we were a group of four and all of us thought it was a really good evening.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

The sushi and sashimi was simply incredible at this place and the dinner we had there has to be in my top three of all time. The restaurant is tastefully decorated in a Japanese style, and there's a sushi bar as well as tables. We got a table, and the quality of the sashimi and sushi we ordered was perfect - the tuna was my favourite. We each had a teryikai dish for our mains - I had the salmon teryikai, which was great. Atmosphere really nice - busy and lots of people having a good time.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

I love Japanese food and have lived in London all my life so have tried many Japanese restaurants across town, old and new. None compare to Shogun and whatever the occasion I will always try to find an excuse to visit this wonderful restaurant. If you want to pay over the odds to eat in a snobby/pretentious place go to Nobu or Yashin. If you want absolutely delicious food in a friendly and authentic restaurant then pick Shogun. Tatler's decision to name it winner of their 'Test of Time' Restaurant Award in 2012 speaks volumes and I can't recommend the place highly enough!