“Disappointed”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 25 June 2013

It's always full so we booked this time. Very friendly but terrible acoustics and intrusive music spoil the atmosphere. Wine was cheap and good. The bruschetta was tasteless and inedible. My pasta was less al dente and more undercooked and chewy. My friend's pizza was ok, nothing special. We won't be back.

Reviewed 10 June 2013

We've been eating here for years and rarely put a foot wrong. It really is like eating out in Italy - not gourmet-style Italy, just the regular, tasty pizza and pasta places, and that's what I'd recommend sticking with here, too. The vongole and the Sicilian-style penne with aubergines are especially good. Why go to one of West End Lane's many chain places when you can come here? Enjoy!

Reviewed 17 May 2013

Really can't understand why there are so many good reviews about this place. My boyfriend ordered a pizza and it came cold and sloppy. I ordered the sea bass, and wish I'd brought my magnifying glass to actually see the fish. Expensive, over-rated, and utter rubbish on a plate.

1  Thank Wengiu
Reviewed 25 April 2013

perfectly located Italian trattoria in West Hampstead, next door to the fire station.

Good value pasta dishes, especially the daily specials chalked up on a board. Pepe, the owner, sells them well through his description.

Nice place to sit on a summer evening, outside on the patio.
Looks like they also do a good trade in take away pizzas, cooked in their pizza oven.

Reviewed 21 April 2013 via mobile

We had dinner here on a Friday night. It was busy and obviously popular, with a good atmosphere. The food was really tasty - I had a great salad as a starter with mozzarella, avocado and fresh tomatoes. The main courses were good too; we had pasta and pizza. The service was efficient and friendly, and you can see the guy making the pizzas in a corner of the restaurant, which is nice. I'd go back.