“Find your way to Maggie's when in London!”

Maggie's Cafe & Restaurant
Ranked #3,206 of 22,544 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$4 - US$30
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Find your way to Maggie's when in London!”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

When my husband and I visited London in May 2013, we were introduced to Maggie's by a good friend who lives in Lewisham. We ended up eating there three times during our four days in London! I can only comment on breakfast, but believe me, I've been dreaming of this breakfast ever since we came home. Any time I learn of someone traveling to London, I tell them they must make time for Maggie's!

If you're expecting haute cuisine or fine dining, with white linens and silver, forget about it. But you might stick to the table. If Maggie's was an American establishment, I'd call it a greasy spoon. But this is the BEST greasy spoon I've ever experienced! For 5.95 you get to fill your plate with all manner of British breakfast food (I posted a menu pix), and pick either unlimited tea or coffee. They honestly have some of the best coffee I've ever had. Do yourself a favor and get Fried Slice--I don't know how they make it, but the bread is crispy, buttery and savory.

I wish Maggie's had a location in my hometown, but for now I will have to dream of their breakfast until I visit London again.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Katie H

Hartley, United Kingdom
“belly busters”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

This has been the best breakfast venue in London for years. Maggie and her family and staff are there to serve entertain and top up your tea and coffee cup endlessly until you leave. During the day breakfast is the main attraction but their roasts and curries etc are equally great. When you go to pay you will think they have made a mistake and undercharged you their prices are so reasonable. Whenever we go abroad for a holiday we make a point of dropping into Maggie's on our return for a good plate of English food.

• Visited July 2014
“Very homemade food ”
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

The plates are big, I went there for lunch. The food was good ( is not the best food of your life) but is very good for the price that they charge you.
I will recommend the visit if you are close by

London, United Kingdom
“Excellent dining place for breakfast.”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

They offer a 5.50 anything you want fried breakfast with unlimited coffee. The food is wonderful, the service good and great coffee keeps flowing. Fantastic

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Kimmybear2013
London, United Kingdom
“Fabulous old style Cafe”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Wonderful breakfast - my daughter had the 20 item breakfast choice and chose 9 items on the hugest plate I've seen! I had bacon, eggs and bubble - all washed down with the bottomless cup house coffee - which is beautiful - don;t bother with the fancy coffees. Lovely, friendly and attentive staff brought our breakfasts swiftly and even brought out a bowl of water and a sausage for our dog Dolly. Don't expect restaurant style food - this is down to earth cooking, service and prices and lovely for it!

• Visited July 2014