“Delicious”

Ranked #1,741 of 23,860 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$0 - US$40
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Situated on Walworth Road, La Luna is a real treat if you���re looking for authentic Italian food and a welcoming atmosphere. This small family-run restaurant is popular with South London locals who make the short trip from Elephant and Castle and Camberwell to take advantage of the modestly priced menu. The rustic d��cor and friendly service makes it an ideal setting for lunch with friends or mid-week dinners with the family. On the menu, there are classic Italian pastas and delicious crisp-based pizzas that the kids will love. Popular dishes include the sirloin steak in a red wine and mushroom sauce; and the seafood risotto.
Reviewed 21 July 2013 via mobile

I love this place. Staff are always mega friendly and happy to see you. They cater well for large groups and there's a good atmos. The food is really great - goats cheese pizza is divine. I love it!!

1  Thank Kaypig13121987

Reviewed 29 April 2013

Since moving to Camberwell a couple of years ago I have had the pleasure of being a local of this little gem. From the friendly welcome to the authentic delicious food, it feels like a home away from home. All the staff are professional, efficient and friendly which really adds value to the whole experience. My personal favourites are the carbonara, calzone and home-made bannoffe pie which is the best I've ever had (and that's quite a few!!).

1  Thank DBNORTH
Reviewed 23 February 2013

Walworth is not renowned for its culinary treats, so it was a happy night when I stumbled upon this place. Great Pizza, but I can't vouch for the rest although I will go back to find out. Incredibly friendly staff too; it makes all the difference. Good luck to them.

All in all, great atmosphere, lovely people, good food, and very reasonable prices.

1  Thank DeadElvis
Reviewed 9 January 2013

Very friendly welcome on arrival from attentive staff. Restaurant seems like a corner of Italy. Lovely atmosphere. We enjoyed watching the Pizzas being prepared in fround of you. Nothing to hide, just tasty rustic cooking. I had the octopus in a tomato sauce from the specials board and my partner had King Prawns. The King Prawns must have been good as I wasn't offered any! My octupus was tasty but I had visulized pieces of a large octopus rather than whole baby octopus, but I didn't ask. My Calzoni was excellent with plenty of moisture. My partners homemade pasta was tasty. This time I was offered a taste! It was similar to Cannelloni but served with a tomato sauce rather than been stuffed. A couple of Peroni beers went down well.
A very enjoyable evening was had by all. Good rustic well prepared food in a warm friendly part a Italy. Excellent value and far better than typical chains.

1  Thank KenDP
Reviewed 5 January 2013

We had a warm welcome and attentive staff. It was good to see the pizzas being made. We had the specials which were excellent. A real Italian experience worth coming from Cornwall for!

1  Thank Hannah D