“Rude, Unfriendly, Unwelcoming Manager!” 3 of 5 bubbles

La Luna
Ranked #1,381 of 22,202 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$0 - US$36
Good for: Groups, Kids, Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Situated on Walworth Road, La Luna is a real treat if you���re looking for authentic Italian food and a welcoming atmosphere. This small family-run restaurant is popular with South London locals who make the short trip from Elephant and Castle and Camberwell to take advantage of the modestly priced menu. The rustic d��cor and friendly service makes it an ideal setting for lunch with friends or mid-week dinners with the family. On the menu, there are classic Italian pastas and delicious crisp-based pizzas that the kids will love. Popular dishes include the sirloin steak in a red wine and mushroom sauce; and the seafood risotto.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Rude, Unfriendly, Unwelcoming Manager!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

My husband and I have loved this local restaurant, we have been here 3 times since it has opened and was then managed by the genuinely, friendly, accommodating owner. But I went to have dinner here with my 1 year old girl yesterday and the experience was completely the opposite of how it used to be (for me, at least). The maanger assigned us a table, after I sat down, I asked for a menu, the manager said "you have to have we are still not open, we open in 5 minutes" then left me and went back to the bar and did whatever he had to do! A waitress when on her way to my table just before the manager reached the bar, and she gave me the menu without any fuss!

While waiting for my food to be served, a family arrived (who has a reserved table) with 1 gradeschool boy and 1 baby girl. The manager welcomed them in, sat them in their reserved table, gave them a highchair, played with the baby girl, and even gave the baby girl a biscuit. While he was attending to this family whose table was across mine, my little girl strated playing with the wooden pepper holder, salt and banged it against the table, at that moment the manager, turned around, gave me and my little girl a look that he was not pleased and as if like he wanted to tell me off or my little girl!

Did not enjoy the whole stay neither the food after that and I would never come anymore because of that manager! He made me and my little girl UNWELCOMED and felt we were a NUISANCE. VERY BAD SERVICE BY THE RESATUARANT MANAGER!!!

• Visited June 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

London, United Kingdom
“Return visit to London - ate here 3 times in 4 days !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2013

I used to live in the area and regularly dined here. Although I might only return to London several times a year, no visit is complete with a visit to my favourite 'local' restaurant.

This most recent trip, I went on 3 separate occasions with different friends - affordable, tasty and plentiful - the set menu is a steal !

Can highly recommend the La Luna (seafood) pasta, canneloni, lasagne, baked eggs.... I could go on ! Oh, and you MUST order the cheesy garlic bread - you'll be spoilt for life, and won't tolerate itty bitty pieces of dried out French stick EVER again !

Always a friendly welcome from the owner and staff. Don't be put off the location or the 'no frills' - what it lacks in 'glamour' it makes up with heart and soul. Buon appetito tutti !

• Visited November 2013
3 Thank Alderberry
London, United Kingdom
“Simple, unpretentious local Italian.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013

I came here with a friend to celebrate his birthday, mainly because he lives nearby and isn't very mobile at the moment. Having read the excellent reviews on here, we were expecting to find a little gem of a place. We ordered bruschetta to share as a starter, followed by pizzas, washed down with a bottle of house red. I have to say the food was pretty unexceptional. The bruschetta was as basic as it gets, and our Fiorentina and Vulcanica pizzas were perfectly adequate but we both agreed we'd eaten superior versions for a similar price at Pizza Express. The service was friendly and efficient, but given that the place was almost empty, so it should. All in all, a bit disappointing.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank lindathecat
“local London restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

Lovely local Italian restaurant . Food excellent staff very friendly, they offer daily specials also they do special offers on 2 course lunch time meals, also do Sunday lunch as well .Ideal for special occasion or just for a night out . Would certainly go back again.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank tezzy252
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Converted”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2013

When you pass this restaurant on the street it doesn't look like much, in fact it looks like a greasy spoon esque cafe, but it is an authentic Italian restaurant - the food is superb, incredibly good value and the service ain't so bad either! I would definitely visit this place again, one of Elephant and Castles hidden gems.

• Visited August 2013