“Very tasty food, excellent dietary care”

Las Iguanas - Brunswick Square
Ranked #3,073 of 24,648 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$8 - US$34
Neighbourhood: Bloomsbury
Description: Walk through the doors of Las Iguanas and find yourself transported to Latin America, full of rich and vibrant colours. The philosophy of Las Iguanas is to serve delicious and authentic Latin American food and drink in an environment which evokes the very best of Latin life. You'll discover new tastes, and fall in love with new favourites - and feel the warmth and welcome of South America.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We were offered gluten free and vegetarian menus on entering the restaurant. They further adjusted the dishes we ordered around other dietary needs. Very helpful. The food was beautiful. Very tasty. Amazing flavours. Only downside is the toilets are downstairs. Will be visiting again.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We eat at other Las Iguanas outlets but this one depends more on the food and service as opposed to nice locations and views. I cannot avoid choosing XinXim as my main as it is so delicious. The staff are friendly, efficient and not rushed. The Brunswick Centre is a bit clinical in its architecture but Las Iguanas envelopes you in their welcoming world.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Met up with daughter after a business meeting in London (see lives there!). As it was close to where she works, we went to the Brunswick Centre, when we have been before.

The first issue encountered was that perhaps on one of the hottest days of the year (yea!), someone thought a brilliant idea not to bother to turn their air conditioning on!! I struggle to understand why and company would spend thousands of pounds on installing air conditioning, but then not use it! Utterly bonkers.

Second issue was that despite being effectively empty, it took over 10 minutes for anyone to come and take our order! Perhaps they were busy trying to work out how to switch on the air conditioning? I suspect I will never know! However, actually serving a customer seemed overly problematic. When we someone did turn up, the order was taken effectively.

The third problem (albeit not unique to Las iguanas), was that with my meal came a comical serving of coleslaw. When any restaurant chain thinks that serving a portion of coleslaw in an egg cup is a clever idea is of some concern to me. It is simply embarrassing and gives the completely wrong impression that any restaurant would want to give, i.e. enjoy you dinning experience, whilst we ruin the ambiance by being cheapskate.

The last problem, and again perhaps this is a London thing? of automatically adding a service charge of 12.5% is downright scamming. It you look closely at the bottom of the menu, it light text this is declared, but I suspect most people would fail to spot it! Why do restaurants think it’s ok to assume I want to gift them 12.5%? It’s tantermount to fraud and again contributes to give the impression the restaurant is out to fleece you.

Unsurprisingly, I suspect I won’t be a returning customer. Until restaurants start to understand that the reason they are struggling is because of the poor experiences customers are getting, and there are better alternatives out there, then perhaps the sooner these restaurants will fail, and others won’t have to endure the frankly woeful places these have become.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

A lovely Summer evening, why not enjoy a cocktail pitcher at 6pm before looking at the menu for dinner? Not here you can't. We were crisply informed by an over assertive waiter that if you want drinks, you have to go all the way inside and order them at the bar. And then you have to stand there and watch your cocktails being made because No, they won't bring them out for you. How absurd. Service with a scowl. We dined elsewhere.

Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

Exceptional range of cocktails. Superb selection of tapas.
Staff are very friendly and give excellent service.
Thoroughly recommend, will definitely be returning.