“A good hotel”

Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Middlesbrough
Blackpool, United Kingdom
“A good hotel”
Reviewed 18 December 2013

I stayed at this hotel in late September. The hotel is centrally located close to Middlesbrough train station. It is a ten minute walk to the town centre.

I arrived late in the evening and received a warm, friendly welcome. My room was spacious and clean and the hotel is in a quiet, but safe part of town.

I would definitely recommend this hotel and I would return myself if I ever visit Middlesbrough again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Horsham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 December 2013 via mobile

Room
Large, clean, nice tv, good bathroom, nice bed and linen.
Just bring your shower toiliteries.

Breakfast
Excellent all that you needs nice modern breakfast room

Staff
Excellent great welcome with a smile, and breakfast staff also cheery.
Very polite and appeared to have a great travel lodge team of staff. Well done.

Location
Perfect for what was required and near to town

Superb £33 for the night with full english breakfast

Overall
Would return to a travel lodge and better value then plenty of other hotels. All that you need.

Only one negative [[[[just fix the floor board outside of the room 214]]]] when guests walked past the room the sound was loud and nights sleep was not great due to this and I am not a light sleeper!!!! Simple fix.

Noisy guests walking down the corridors shouting, although not at fault for that, just typical inconsiderate people!!!

• Stayed December 2013
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 December 2013

I stayed overnight and I’ve got to say it was the worse night’s sleep I’ve ever had or rather never had. The reception staff where great can’t fault any of them. When I got to my room the lady cleaning it was just leaving she said to me “I’ll be back in a moment I need to get you two new pillow cases” she was very nice and friendly but unfortunately she never came back with the pillow cases.

The hotel boasts on its website that it’s been upgraded it’s had a lick of paint and curtains put up. The new King size beds they’ve put in the room are like sleeping on a concrete slab I got two hours sleep the whole night if I was lucky. The pillows almost broke my neck and my head kept sliding off them.
The carpets have more stains than I cared to count and I dread to think what some of them might be!

The pull out bed in the family room had springs bulging out because it’s so old and worn out but in the middle of the night I tried unsuccessfully to sleep on it just to get out of the torture rack they call a bed. The shower head was literally black with some sort of slime I had to wipe off before I dared get into it. The kettle was black someone had turned it on without water being in it but no one has changed it.

I know it’s cheap but I don’t think it’s too much to ask for a night’s sleep and a clean shower even if you’re only paying £25

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

TravelodgeUK, Sophie from Customer Care at Travelodge Middlesbrough, responded to this review, 13 December 2013
We are really sorry to learn that you found our new king-sized pocket sprung ‘Travelodge Dreamer’ bed uncomfortable Alex G. We have added these to all our refurbished rooms and have received really positive feedback. We would like to apologise that you were unable to get a good night sleep due to the pillows and mattress. When a customer enters a room we would expect it to be fresh and clean, and we would like to thank you for bringing the cleanliness issues to our attention. We would like to take this opportunity to investigate the concerns that you have raised, please use the contact us button on our website to provide us with more information which will allow us to offer a resolution.
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 December 2013

if there are more than 2 adults sleeping in a family room, make sure you ask for extra cups when you check-in! They dont always reassess who is staying. Dont forget to register your car for free 24hr parking! and if you need to stay longer than the checkout time, you can re-register your car again while you go shopping etc!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Middlesbrough, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 December 2013

This hotel itself is fine however the location it is in is terrible 4 cars got broken into when I stayed there and the police said its nothing new it always happen at this hotel because of the deprived areas close by. Me and my friend also got asked if we wanted business from a prostitute! The staff at the hotel confirmed that cars are always getting broken into and they is nothing they can do as they don't have CCTV! Certainly won't be using this hotel again.

• Stayed December 2013
2 Thank Dave B
TravelodgeUK, Dianne from Customer Care at Travelodge Middlesbrough, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
It’s regrettable to learn that cars were broken into during your stay with us Dave B, however we are not aware of any recent car crimes at this hotel. We can confirm there is CCTV in the car park and should any of our customers fall victim to any crime than our hotel staff will work closely with the police and we’ll be happy to provide any helpful information.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 December 2013

This is the worst place we have ever stayed in and would not recommend it. The accommodation was basic,we only had one towel and one tiny soap in our bathroom. TV remote had no back cover, so batteries kept falling out, dirty mirror,no wardrobe and no bedside tables. There was one tiny kettle that was so dirty inside that we could not even use it ! Deceptive and unprofessional reception staff. We went to reception at 9pm to ask about the car park and we had to knock on the kitchen doors to get someone to help us! Then we ordered a pizza and it was uncooked tasted like it was prepared days ago, and was microwaved to be reheated. The lady that served us did not look happy when we wanted to order food and drinks... a little smile doesn't hurt. Good location, but I would not stay there again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MrandMrsU
We are really sorry to learn of your disappointment with your recent stay MrandMrsU. We would like to further understand the issues you have highlighted so we can investigate your concerns and provide a resolution. Please could you visit our website and select the Contact Us button to provide us with more details and when doing so please specify you have left a TripAdvisor review.
Widnes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this travelodge three years ago when he started Uni.
Tbh i wasn't over impressed at the time and subsequently when we visited him and stopped over we usually stayed at one of the Premier Inns around Middlesbrough.
What a surprise we had when we stayed this time for one night prior to my Sons graduation, the bed was really comfortable and the flat pillows from three years ago had gone.
The bar in the travelodge has limited draft beer (Stella only) but the prices are reasonable.
We didn't book or have the breakfast because none of us are big breakfast eaters and at £6.95 per head for all you can eat and drink it would have been a waste of money.

A few negative points though; my Mother in law stayed in room 101 and this is a disabled room although she isn't, this room is right next to the corridor door and with the comings and goings to the other 1st floor rooms she didn't get a great deal of sleep.
We stayed on the 2nd floor and our only slight complaint was that because our room where at the front facing the main road when the traffic was heavy you could feel vibration when the traffic was heavy although this didn't disturb our nights sleep.

Overall the stay was really good and as it was £100 cheaper to stay here in 3 rooms than at the cheapest Premier Inn I wouldnt hesitate to stay here again if we ever go back.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family