“Great”

Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Middlesbrough
Consett, United Kingdom
“Great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

This hotel is great, I stay here near enough every Friday. Never had a problem all staff are very welcoming and the rooms are spacious very clean bedding is fresh and comfortable. Definitely recommended.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Luke B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

Stayed over the Christmas period and the e value for money and particularly the service we got was outstanding. The staff were brilliant and they let us know that nothing was too much trouble. Even on Christmas Day the level of service and particularly friendliness didn't dip. We booked early and got a great deal at £29 per night. The rooms were spacious, clean and tidy, with tea/coffee making facilities and Freeview TV. For the price you couldn't get better.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

1 Thank John C
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

Very clean, bed very comfortable, might need soundprooofing walls a bit thin. Overall a good place to stay. Price was reasonable and we would definitely stay again A++++ ..............................

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Katie F
York, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013

My wife and I found this Travelodge to be very good valuefor money. We stayed over 3 days of Christmas and the services were somewhat restricted (no room services on Christmas day) which we were expecting. The staff were friendly and as helpful as they could be, evrything was clean, the beds was marvellous, we hadn't booked breakfast so that was an extra £7.50 each for the 2 days we took it making the full cost only £133.50 or £66.75 each for 3 nights. Well worth the cost.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RgrW
Blackpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2013

I stayed at this hotel in late September. The hotel is centrally located close to Middlesbrough train station. It is a ten minute walk to the town centre.

I arrived late in the evening and received a warm, friendly welcome. My room was spacious and clean and the hotel is in a quiet, but safe part of town.

I would definitely recommend this hotel and I would return myself if I ever visit Middlesbrough again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Horsham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2013 via mobile

Room
Large, clean, nice tv, good bathroom, nice bed and linen.
Just bring your shower toiliteries.

Breakfast
Excellent all that you needs nice modern breakfast room

Staff
Excellent great welcome with a smile, and breakfast staff also cheery.
Very polite and appeared to have a great travel lodge team of staff. Well done.

Location
Perfect for what was required and near to town

Superb £33 for the night with full english breakfast

Overall
Would return to a travel lodge and better value then plenty of other hotels. All that you need.

Only one negative [[[[just fix the floor board outside of the room 214]]]] when guests walked past the room the sound was loud and nights sleep was not great due to this and I am not a light sleeper!!!! Simple fix.

Noisy guests walking down the corridors shouting, although not at fault for that, just typical inconsiderate people!!!

• Stayed December 2013
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2013

I stayed overnight and I’ve got to say it was the worse night’s sleep I’ve ever had or rather never had. The reception staff where great can’t fault any of them. When I got to my room the lady cleaning it was just leaving she said to me “I’ll be back in a moment I need to get you two new pillow cases” she was very nice and friendly but unfortunately she never came back with the pillow cases.

The hotel boasts on its website that it’s been upgraded it’s had a lick of paint and curtains put up. The new King size beds they’ve put in the room are like sleeping on a concrete slab I got two hours sleep the whole night if I was lucky. The pillows almost broke my neck and my head kept sliding off them.
The carpets have more stains than I cared to count and I dread to think what some of them might be!

The pull out bed in the family room had springs bulging out because it’s so old and worn out but in the middle of the night I tried unsuccessfully to sleep on it just to get out of the torture rack they call a bed. The shower head was literally black with some sort of slime I had to wipe off before I dared get into it. The kettle was black someone had turned it on without water being in it but no one has changed it.

I know it’s cheap but I don’t think it’s too much to ask for a night’s sleep and a clean shower even if you’re only paying £25

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

TravelodgeUK, Sophie from Customer Care at Travelodge Middlesbrough, responded to this review, 13 December 2013
We are really sorry to learn that you found our new king-sized pocket sprung ‘Travelodge Dreamer’ bed uncomfortable Alex G. We have added these to all our refurbished rooms and have received really positive feedback. We would like to apologise that you were unable to get a good night sleep due to the pillows and mattress. When a customer enters a room we would expect it to be fresh and clean, and we would like to thank you for bringing the cleanliness issues to our attention. We would like to take this opportunity to investigate the concerns that you have raised, please use the contact us button on our website to provide us with more information which will allow us to offer a resolution.