“Lovely staff, great room :)”

Travelodge Middlesbrough
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Middlesbrough
Reviewed 10 April 2014

The hotel is in a great location, we stayed here to visit friends in nearby Saltburn, the hotel was easy to find, Aldi is right next door and a big shopping centre just along the road. We originally booked in for 2 adults but just as we were about to leave home one of our children needed to come, we called the hotel and the staff were great, my daughter got to come along free of charge and even got to eat free :) when we arrived the staff we're polite and helpful. We opted for the breakfasts each day which catered for all, my husband loved the cooked food whereas myself and my daughter (fussy eaters) wee not stuck for choice with the cereals, and fruit etc. when we sat down they put cartoons on for my daughter and helped her feel at ease :)

The room was great, very spacious, very clean and very quiet! We didn't hear a thing considering we faced the road, the room was cleaned and bed made each day, plenty tea, coffee, sugar and milk.

Staff are all very friendly and helpful.

My dog even enjoyed his stay :)

Highly recommend!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Charleigh0

Reviewed 24 March 2014

I have stayed at this travelodge a number of times however my latest trip was not very good! A member of staff was very rude about the noise in our room at 9pm even thought 20min before she had knock on our door to give us our bin and never said anything. We felt like just because we were young we were being discriminated! From then on all members of staff gave us dirty looks and made us feel unwelcome, now this has happened i will not being staying at this hotel again, i make a trip to middlesbrough every year so they have lost my business. A friend who booked on the day was also told that if he book a month before this would of been half the price however i paid the same and booked the hotel months before!! Not very good!!

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Amyguttridge
TravelodgeUK, Amy from Customer Services at Travelodge Middlesbrough, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

We are sorry to learn of your poor experience Amyguttridge. We can confirm that we remind of all our customers to respect their noise levels during their stay and that on this occasion our staff were alerted by other guests regarding the noise from your room and our staff were advised to polity remind your party, I am sorry to learn you found them to be rude while doing so. Our rates also go up and down due to a number of factors so we are sorry to learn you were unhappy with the rate you secured. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

Hotel is in a good location, there are not many other hotels in the area but the location was ideal.

Whilst the room was pretty modern and spacious it wasn't as clean as some Travelodge's I have stayed in before, whilst they are budget usually I have found them to be clean however the room and bathroom could have been cleaner. The price paid was on par with a 4 star hotel due to availability.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank GR1UK
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Excellent location for a family wedding in Yarm. The hotel was clean and well presented. The room had a kingsize bed and was clean and comfortable. No bath but a lovely shower with room to move and plenty of hot water. There is a bar/grill on site which is good value and good quality, and the all you can eat breakfast is great! The staff are fab, really friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 March 2014

I paid a bargain rate for this hotel located centrally and within walking distance of the National Express Waiting Room in the centre of town. I arrived late and the hotel called me during the day to confirm the booking and my arrival time. Although travelling alone I was given a large room (3/4 persons).
The small electric heater was off when I entered and took a long time to heat up - more of a room design fault. I booked the room in advance as I knew I was to leave a theatre at 10:30pm and the price paid was cheaper than a taxi home at that time of night. Bargain rates can be found many days of the week at Travelodge except London where they are no longer competitive and are driving away previous customers. When the hotel costs are high all the other businesses ( Rail, Subway, Theatres, Restaurants and other attractions lose out !!! ) Will Travelodge PLEASE bring back the bargain rates in LONDON ! )

Reviewed 21 March 2014

I was very pleased with every aspect of my stay, The hotel was conveniently placed , and it was spotlessly clean and comfortable. In spite of being on a main road, there was no noise. Great value at £21!

Reviewed 15 March 2014

I stayed here a week due to work and found it a clean and well maintained room, was a lot of corridor noise at night from other guests, my room floor was not hoovered during my stay and it appears the recent refurbishment has skimped on furniture, i.e. no drawers for clothes, come on Travelodge you can do better than this.

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Also consider these accommodations in or near Middlesbrough
Holiday Inn Express Middlesbrough - Centre Square
#7 of 11 in Middlesbrough
Premier Inn Stockton-On-Tees/Middlesbrough Hotel
Premier Inn Stockton-On-Tees/Mid...
#2 of 9 in Stockton-on-Tees

Been to Travelodge Middlesbrough? Share your experiences!