“Great Staff, shame about the Hotel itself!!!”

Travelodge Middlesbrough
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Middlesbrough
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
“Great Staff, shame about the Hotel itself!!!”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I booked with Travelodge, paid my costs for a 3 nights stay only to find out after I booked there was a chance I could of had a different rate that would of saved £40. I arrived at the hotel, it did not look like the picture on the website. The staff were very welcoming and helped with every question. All the staff I would give 10/10. unfortunately the hotel was not so good, the room had no storage for our clothes so we lived out of our bags which is the opposite to what we would expect with a hotel. We had a 6 month old and there was no fridge or cool storage for his food and milk although we advised on booking there would be a baby staying. The cot was suitable, however no mattress was provided. Instead we had to use a duvet. The room we were in was right at the end of the building, no trollies are present at the hotel so I had to make 3 trips to the car which is not ideal. Then the room would shake on a regular basis, this was causing my son to wake up. It was blamed on the traffic, however when it would shake the roads would be clear. We were moved and it still continued so I just gave up complaining to them. We had breakfast on one occasion and it was not even worth the £15 I paid for the two of us. The food was under cooked, cold and I have had healthier food at a service station. again this left a bitter taste in my mouth. I would say that the staff were great but the hotel is nowhere near fit for families to use. real shame it put a downer on my stay to see family.

Room Tip: Rooms 100-200 are on the first floor so you wouldn't have to walk far with your bags.
1 Thank dan G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
West Byfleet, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Stayed here 5 times now as its close to family. The hotel is always clean and the staff are brilliant. Always welcoming and friendly and go that extra mile to help you out and make your stay enjoyable.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 April 2014

The hotel is in a great location, we stayed here to visit friends in nearby Saltburn, the hotel was easy to find, Aldi is right next door and a big shopping centre just along the road. We originally booked in for 2 adults but just as we were about to leave home one of our children needed to come, we called the hotel and the staff were great, my daughter got to come along free of charge and even got to eat free :) when we arrived the staff we're polite and helpful. We opted for the breakfasts each day which catered for all, my husband loved the cooked food whereas myself and my daughter (fussy eaters) wee not stuck for choice with the cereals, and fruit etc. when we sat down they put cartoons on for my daughter and helped her feel at ease :)

The room was great, very spacious, very clean and very quiet! We didn't hear a thing considering we faced the road, the room was cleaned and bed made each day, plenty tea, coffee, sugar and milk.

Staff are all very friendly and helpful.

My dog even enjoyed his stay :)

Highly recommend!

2 Thank Charleigh0
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I have stayed at this travelodge a number of times however my latest trip was not very good! A member of staff was very rude about the noise in our room at 9pm even thought 20min before she had knock on our door to give us our bin and never said anything. We felt like just because we were young we were being discriminated! From then on all members of staff gave us dirty looks and made us feel unwelcome, now this has happened i will not being staying at this hotel again, i make a trip to middlesbrough every year so they have lost my business. A friend who booked on the day was also told that if he book a month before this would of been half the price however i paid the same and booked the hotel months before!! Not very good!!

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Amyguttridge
TravelodgeUK, Amy from Customer Services at Travelodge Middlesbrough, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
We are sorry to learn of your poor experience Amyguttridge. We can confirm that we remind of all our customers to respect their noise levels during their stay and that on this occasion our staff were alerted by other guests regarding the noise from your room and our staff were advised to polity remind your party, I am sorry to learn you found them to be rude while doing so. Our rates also go up and down due to a number of factors so we are sorry to learn you were unhappy with the rate you secured. Thank you for your feedback.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Hotel is in a good location, there are not many other hotels in the area but the location was ideal.

Whilst the room was pretty modern and spacious it wasn't as clean as some Travelodge's I have stayed in before, whilst they are budget usually I have found them to be clean however the room and bathroom could have been cleaner. The price paid was on par with a 4 star hotel due to availability.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank GR1UK
Croydon, Surrey. Uk
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Excellent location for a family wedding in Yarm. The hotel was clean and well presented. The room had a kingsize bed and was clean and comfortable. No bath but a lovely shower with room to move and plenty of hot water. There is a bar/grill on site which is good value and good quality, and the all you can eat breakfast is great! The staff are fab, really friendly and helpful.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

Seoul Korea
Reviewed 21 March 2014

I paid a bargain rate for this hotel located centrally and within walking distance of the National Express Waiting Room in the centre of town. I arrived late and the hotel called me during the day to confirm the booking and my arrival time. Although travelling alone I was given a large room (3/4 persons).
The small electric heater was off when I entered and took a long time to heat up - more of a room design fault. I booked the room in advance as I knew I was to leave a theatre at 10:30pm and the price paid was cheaper than a taxi home at that time of night. Bargain rates can be found many days of the week at Travelodge except London where they are no longer competitive and are driving away previous customers. When the hotel costs are high all the other businesses ( Rail, Subway, Theatres, Restaurants and other attractions lose out !!! ) Will Travelodge PLEASE bring back the bargain rates in LONDON ! )

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo