“Staff Superb”

Travelodge Middlesbrough
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Middlesbrough
Reviewed 3 May 2014

I don't normally write reviews for hotels that I stay however i felt the need to review this hotel as the staff and in particular " Jan " were fantastic , I had forgotten my phone charger , she found me one, I locked myself out the room , she sorted it, she worked on reception , she worked in the bar , she worked in the kitchen and she worked double shifts. She always had a smile on her face and would do anything to make your stay a pleasurable one.
The hotel itself is basic , it is a travel lodge after all however it is clean and very central.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 29 April 2014

I booked with Travelodge, paid my costs for a 3 nights stay only to find out after I booked there was a chance I could of had a different rate that would of saved £40. I arrived at the hotel, it did not look like the picture on the website. The staff were very welcoming and helped with every question. All the staff I would give 10/10. unfortunately the hotel was not so good, the room had no storage for our clothes so we lived out of our bags which is the opposite to what we would expect with a hotel. We had a 6 month old and there was no fridge or cool storage for his food and milk although we advised on booking there would be a baby staying. The cot was suitable, however no mattress was provided. Instead we had to use a duvet. The room we were in was right at the end of the building, no trollies are present at the hotel so I had to make 3 trips to the car which is not ideal. Then the room would shake on a regular basis, this was causing my son to wake up. It was blamed on the traffic, however when it would shake the roads would be clear. We were moved and it still continued so I just gave up complaining to them. We had breakfast on one occasion and it was not even worth the £15 I paid for the two of us. The food was under cooked, cold and I have had healthier food at a service station. again this left a bitter taste in my mouth. I would say that the staff were great but the hotel is nowhere near fit for families to use. real shame it put a downer on my stay to see family.

Room Tip: Rooms 100-200 are on the first floor so you wouldn't have to walk far with your bags.
1  Thank dan G
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Stayed here 5 times now as its close to family. The hotel is always clean and the staff are brilliant. Always welcoming and friendly and go that extra mile to help you out and make your stay enjoyable.

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Reviewed 10 April 2014

The hotel is in a great location, we stayed here to visit friends in nearby Saltburn, the hotel was easy to find, Aldi is right next door and a big shopping centre just along the road. We originally booked in for 2 adults but just as we were about to leave home one of our children needed to come, we called the hotel and the staff were great, my daughter got to come along free of charge and even got to eat free :) when we arrived the staff we're polite and helpful. We opted for the breakfasts each day which catered for all, my husband loved the cooked food whereas myself and my daughter (fussy eaters) wee not stuck for choice with the cereals, and fruit etc. when we sat down they put cartoons on for my daughter and helped her feel at ease :)

The room was great, very spacious, very clean and very quiet! We didn't hear a thing considering we faced the road, the room was cleaned and bed made each day, plenty tea, coffee, sugar and milk.

Staff are all very friendly and helpful.

My dog even enjoyed his stay :)

Highly recommend!

2  Thank Charleigh0
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I have stayed at this travelodge a number of times however my latest trip was not very good! A member of staff was very rude about the noise in our room at 9pm even thought 20min before she had knock on our door to give us our bin and never said anything. We felt like just because we were young we were being discriminated! From then on all members of staff gave us dirty looks and made us feel unwelcome, now this has happened i will not being staying at this hotel again, i make a trip to middlesbrough every year so they have lost my business. A friend who booked on the day was also told that if he book a month before this would of been half the price however i paid the same and booked the hotel months before!! Not very good!!

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Amyguttridge
TravelodgeUK, Amy from Customer Services at Travelodge Middlesbrough, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

We are sorry to learn of your poor experience Amyguttridge. We can confirm that we remind of all our customers to respect their noise levels during their stay and that on this occasion our staff were alerted by other guests regarding the noise from your room and our staff were advised to polity remind your party, I am sorry to learn you found them to be rude while doing so. Our rates also go up and down due to a number of factors so we are sorry to learn you were unhappy with the rate you secured. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

Hotel is in a good location, there are not many other hotels in the area but the location was ideal.

Whilst the room was pretty modern and spacious it wasn't as clean as some Travelodge's I have stayed in before, whilst they are budget usually I have found them to be clean however the room and bathroom could have been cleaner. The price paid was on par with a 4 star hotel due to availability.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank GR1UK
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Excellent location for a family wedding in Yarm. The hotel was clean and well presented. The room had a kingsize bed and was clean and comfortable. No bath but a lovely shower with room to move and plenty of hot water. There is a bar/grill on site which is good value and good quality, and the all you can eat breakfast is great! The staff are fab, really friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Also consider these accommodations in or near Middlesbrough
Holiday Inn Express Middlesbrough - Centre Square
#6 of 11 in Middlesbrough
Premier Inn Stockton-On-Tees/Middlesbrough Hotel
Premier Inn Stockton-On-Tees/Mid...
#1 of 9 in Stockton-on-Tees

Been to Travelodge Middlesbrough? Share your experiences!