“No Complaints”

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

Enjoyed a very tasty meal, good selection and waiter on hand to advise if your not sure. I opted for lamb which was cooked beautifully. You can over order, and end up with a table full of choices, keep it simple. Food was piping hot and service swift.
The place can get busy, best to arrive early. No complaints.

Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

I just wouldn't go any where else in Boro now. The food is consistently good and the staff are always lovely. Akbars has set the bar for us now, when we go elsewhere, in other cities, we are always comparing it to Akbars and the others never come up to the mark. The best we have given another Asian restaurant is, "it's good, but it's not Akbars "

Reviewed 18 May 2014

The first time I went to Akbars, my food was very bland but the service and atmosphere was fantastic. I have returned twice and the food has been delicious but the service has not been up to scratch.

The second time, we went our entire meal with no drinks because there was a shortage 'due to the party upstairs' and we were told there would be some washed soon, only for them to be available for us just as we were finishing our meals. We waited a long time for our food to be served but when it finally did come, it was delicious. Although the restaurant was very busy, the lack of glasses was unacceptable. My friend also pointed out that they could see a few on the shelf next to the bar but these were not offered to us.

The third time, the food took even longer to arrive. When it was ready, the chef serving the food didn't seem to know which curry was which. Mistakes were also made on the side dishes, as one of my friends ordered a peshwari naan and the waiter brought out a plain naan, and then a garlic naan, until finally realizing we wanted a peshwari naan.

I do respect that good service is often hard to achieve when the place is so busy but they do need to up their game considering the amount of chefs and waiters working there. The food has been of a very good standard the last two times I have visited so it is likely that I will be returning with my friends regardless of the minor issues with the service.

1  Thank Laura G
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

Lovely looking restaurant. Staff are great... nor the food! Terrible.. not even cooked on the premises each day! Sent up from Bradford.. so its not fresh! Will never return

2  Thank Paulfyfe
Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

Superb surroundings, lively atmosphere but the food is not even close to khans of the village or jamals. Don't get me wrong it's very good but there is better in Boro.