β€œLoved it”

Ranked #33 of 310 Restaurants in Middlesbrough
Price range: US$4 - US$20
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Specialist South Indian & Street Food of India items. Special lunch time menu on Thursdays, Fridays & Saturdays.
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Recommended by a friend who came with us - she spoke highly of it but since I'm a bitter cynical soul I had my doubts but it really was fantastic.

When you go in tell them its your first time there and you'll get a whole spiel about where the food comes from and the history of it. I know what you're thinking - 'I couldn't care less' but it's genuinely interesting and you get the feel that they care more about you really great South Indian cuisine rather than getting the pound out of your pocket; you get samples before you order and you can change out any dishes you don't like without issue.

Great food (try everything) Veggie friendly (I have several veggie friends unfortunately - much to my chagrin) , great atmosphere, friendly staff and good value.

I wish they accepted OpenTable reservations and its a minor inconvenience that they don't take debit care but those are first world problems; I can't recommend it highly enough.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

great food, great service, value for money, what more do you want? staff attentive, food spicy and tasty but not overpowering

Reviewed 7 June 2014

I visited here on business with some colleagues and I thought the concept was a really nice change from the normal Indian restaurant with the food being Southern Indian cuisine. The meals were very well spiced and the information given before about the food and a taste tester to work out the level of spice that you liked was great. The service was friendly and extremely helpful, I found the whole experience enjoyable.

1  Thank Whadders
Reviewed 6 June 2014

This has quickly become our favorite restaurant in Middlesbrough. The food is beautifully spiced and quite unlike most formulaic Indian restaurants. It has a an intimate family atmosphere and is consistently good value.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

What a lovely little restaurant. Not only is the food superb and different from most other Indian meals, but the staff are so friendly and helpful taking the time to explain the menu and even providing samples of some of the dishes so we could judge how hot and spicy the food would be. Have recommended to all. We'll worth a visit. I will definitely be returning again and again

1  Thank Barbara S