“Bit to pricy for me!”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Starters

Starters
Ranked #43 of 292 Restaurants in Middlesbrough
Cuisines: British
Good for: Business meetings, Kids, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, After-hours, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Middlesbrough
“Bit to pricy for me!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

Lovely atmosphere and restaurant with new deco however price of meals are a little exspenaive exspecialy as it called "starters" this was my second visit as it was chosen by my friend as her birthday treat however out of choice I wouldn't of gone again. Food is lovely don't get me wrong however on the menu nothing is simple it is always made out to be more than what it actually is. Side orders I.e chips and onion rings are very pricy too I had the Parmo which was nice was a bit bland and aslo garlic sauce had to be paid for again as a extra

1 Thank Lauraoxbury

Redcar, England
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Desserts Keeping it Open”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

I visited Starters today for the first time for a family birthday meal with a party of 12. Once we arrived we were presented with the menus and drinks were served pretty quickly. After around 5 minutes we ordered for the children and asked for a couple more minutes for the adults.
After 10 minutes and attempting to grab the attention of 4 waiters and waitresses who were stood around talking we managed to order our food. Albeit they had a large party to serve but mixed up our order several times.
I ordered the potato skins with BBQ dip and the pork ribs. The potato skins were burnt and the pork ribs were watery and flavourless - and also gave me a bad stomach afterwards.
Once we had eaten the main a couple of waitresses came over to clean up the table and present dessert menus - they also brought bad attitudes with them.
Despite all of the flaws I ordered the brownie with vanilla ice cream and it was glorious, as my Grandad would say it was compared to 'an angel crying on my tongue'.
Once everything had been cleared away we asked for the bill - which had to be reprinted due to error.
Summary: service is atrocious (having to ask for service on several occasions); although decent value the food is average; but the desserts are truly saving the restaurant.

“Something different but a little overpriced”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

This was my second visit to Starters and both times i have enjoyed it but i do feel there are better places to eat where you get much more for your money. I like the idea of the menu and choosing a selection of different starters but i do feel they are a little overpriced for what you get. Most starters are around £6.50 each or more and if you have a healthy appetite you would need to choose at least two and a side or even three. I could never take my parter here he would need about 5/6 to fill him as he is a fit guy with a big appetite. The restaurant itself is smart and modern and has a nice atmosphere. The service has been great on both occasions. I would probably visit again but i wouldnt make it a regular place i would go unless the prices dropped a little.

Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
“Little Treats”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

I went to starters for the first time on bank holiday Monday, mainly because we were going to the cinema and Nandos had a huge queue. I have always liked the idea of being able to get the taste sensation of having various dishes for a meal but had not managed to go. We ordered 3 starters between us (lamb kofdass, pork spring rolls and calamari) as well as an asian prawn salad. The Lamb was lovely while the calamari was a bit over cooked. Overall the meal was good for the price and I would go back though I would probably recommend more than 3 starters and a salad between 2 of you.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Ken B
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
“Junk in the Face”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

All was ok until I was put off my meal when the waiter came over to take our order, and what can only be described as promoting his junk to us in his exceptionally tight trousers. There was no need for this. New better fitting trousers required. I and my girlfriend particularly found it off putting.

• Visited May 2014