“Food is great customer service is not !”
Review of the Oriental Pearl

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Ts15jd
Reviewed 8 December 2012

Went for our 14th aniversary , have gone every year , even when they got shut down by environmental health we love their food so much we kept going . But this time I ordered and they cams back and said they didn't have time to cook what I'd ordered off the menu ! I picked something else , they came back and said the same , I said I didn't mind waiting , they told me they didn't want to cook it as it took too long and they are busy so didn't want us to stay very long ! Nice ! So we helped them and left ! We also noticed that other tables were served first before us even though we cand first. The so called manager didn't care less . I've probably been eating here for 17 years and this is how they treat customers.

2  Thank whalemans

Reviewed 22 November 2012

Hi i can honestly say i've eaten at the oriental pearl on a number of occasions.
Basically i go back because you know what your going to get.

Its not hugely brilliant but its not terrible like so many others in boro.

Yes i would recomend but not as a terrific meal - but as one of the better one in middlesbrough.

*** could do with some more flavour in some dishes. maybe even some authentic dishes - something different would be good.

Reviewed 9 October 2012

I regularly go to this restaurant for birthdays etc with family so we are well known. The service is always exceptional and they cater for our needs. I agree that sometimes it can be quiet for weekends however that doesn't ruin our night. I must recommend the chicken on toast with the spare rib sauce, it is fantastic!! When I go we usually get the £17 a head menu which always leaves everyone full as there is always left overs which we take home for the next day!

I would recommend to anyone!!

Reviewed 6 October 2012

Took my granson to the pearl for a treat. He went through the menu like a knife through butter.

Five courses later he said that was the best meal i ever ate. He wasnt wrong either.The staff at the pearl make you welcome the moment you walk through the door, the food is great the selection wide and cooked to perfection.

The next time you visit Middlesbrough make sure you pencil in a trip to eat at the Oriental Pearl.

Reviewed 1 October 2012

The Oriental Pearl is by far our favourite chinese restaurant. We have been going there for as long as I can remember. The food is absolutely delicious and in all those years we have never had a bad meal. Their fruity spare ribs and crispy duck are to die for, but my all time favourite has to be the beef with peppers and black bean sauce. The atmosphere is always nice and the staff are always very friendly, nothing is too much trouble. I would never hesitate to recommend the Oriental Pearl to anybody.