Our visit to Middlesbrough was to help one of our sons find rental accommodation for a work placement in the area.
No problems finding the hotel. Check in was very warm and friendly but also professional. We had two rooms both of which were very clean, smaller than some of the premier inn rooms but everything there which you could need.
The not so great aspect was that our party of four all felt the beds were not very comfortable and we didn't have a great night's rest - beds are a little on the hard side. We did mention this on checkout to the again, very friendly and pleasant staff and were advised they have memory foam mattress toppers available on request. Tip to management might be to mention this at check in, or in pre-check in notification as this would make a huge difference to some travellers, especially the golden oldies among us!!!
We did have breakfast in the hotel and it was extremely good, served by staff who went over and above to look after everyone in their dining-room.
We will be back in Middlesborough over the course of the coming year to visit and this is highly likely to be where we will stay. However, we will make sure the mattress topper is in place next time and look forward to a better night's sleep.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A short drive from the centre, close to breathtaking Saltburn-by-the-Sea and the North York Moors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Premier Inn so you can book your Premier Inn Middlesbrough Central South Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Middlesbrough Central South Hotel Middlesbrough
- Middlesbrough Premier Inn
- Holiday Inn Middlesbrough