US$67
  • Restaurant
Ashtree(Middlesbrough)
US$59
Agoda.com
All reviewstoby carveryjames cook hospitalcosta coffeecoffee machinegood nights sleepexcellent valuebreakfast roomcar parknight's sleepplenty of parkingall you can eatbreakfast stafftown centrea great stayvisiting familycooked breakfaststayed for nights
Reviewed 30 June 2014

hotel is perfectly fine. the breakfast is good, friendly staff & the rooms etc are the usual good standard Premier inn room.
The toby carvery next door however is horrendous! Boiled to death veg, using smash (not even bothered to mix properly!) and manky tables were just a few of the faults and completely unacceptable in 2014 in my opinion.
If you're looking for accommodation where you can get an evening meal onsite, i'd stay somewhere else. Sorry Prem inn but the carveries really letting you down.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Pretty sterile even for a Premier Inn. The staff were very pleasant, and rooms the standard quality you expect from PI. Not a place you would go out of your to stay at but OK if you need a night away in the area.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

This hotel must be the cleanest I have ever had the pleasure to stay in. For all you clean freaks out there, this is the place to stay. It was probably cleaner than the Hospital it is directly opposite to. However there was one small issue, the corridor of the floor we stayed on was being painted during our stay and there was a quite overwhelming paint smell that did spread into the room a little but certainly not enough to make a complaint about. When we checked out I did mention it when asked if everything had been OK and without any quibble I was given a full refund. I did point out that it was only minor but the receptionist insisted that the smell of paint meant they had fallen short of their "Good night sleep guarantee" I was personally just happy to see a hotel being maintained to a high standard.
On the site is a Toby carvery (which is part of the same company) who offer breakfast for £3.99 Given that Premier Inn wanted to charge £8.75 we went to the Toby on our first morning. A mistake we only made once. Everything is included in the Premier Inn where as drinks are extra in the Toby meaning that there was little price difference overall. The quality in the hotel however was far superior and choice wider ranging.

Room Tip: My room faced James Cook hospital and I like to sleep with the window and curtains open and was a little concerned about noise but hardly heard a thing. The only down side to that side of the hotel was the sun waking me up at 6:30 each morning. os I would probably ask for a room at the rear next time.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 June 2014

The staff at this hotel are the friendliest I have ever come across in a Premier Inn. They went out of their way to help, always had a smile on their face and this helped make the experience Excellent!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Turned up greeted by a lovely smile from the lady on the reception and a welcome who then quickly checked me in and made sure all was to my needs.
I unpacked my kit and then went back to reception to go and get some food from the carvery opposite and was again asked if everything was ok and was told no need to book just turn up as the carvery was separate to the premier.
I had my food and drink and was pleasantly surprised with the service there and then went back relaxed and got to sleep in a nice clean warm room with no noise even though the football was on wonderful.

Excellent breakfast in the premier its self its own little breakfast area in the ground floor area and excellent service and food all round.

A great stay away from home on business made a reasonable break as it is hard being away from home at times but places like this one with the type of staff they have made it a little easier.

Room Tip: try for the rear rooms as it faces a busy pub but it still had no noise from it to keep me awake and im a light sleeper so not a real problem at all any room.