Premier Inn Middlesbrough Central South Hotel
The Treebridge Hotel(Middlesbrough)
US$121
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewstoby carveryjames cook hospitalcosta coffeevalue for moneygreat nights sleepexcellent valueplenty of parkingbreakfast roomnight's sleepcar parkall you can eatbreakfast staffnothing too much troublevisiting familytown centrestayed for nightsexcellent breakfast
Reviewed 10 July 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 5 nights. This is not a luxury hotel, but it is clean, the bed is comfortable, the linens are acceptable, and the staff is very pleasant.

A special thank you to Alison at the front desk, who was not only pleasant but also very accommodating. This meant a great deal to our comfort level and we are grateful to her for making our stay so very comfortable and pleasant.

If you are looking for a no frills, clean hotel, I definitely recommend this Premier Inn

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 July 2014

This Premier Inn is located in Marton near the large hospitals, and is a short drive to Middleborough Centre, It is also very convenient to access the North Yorks Moor and attractions.
You are welcomed by very helpful reception staff, and the room we had was large and modern. Someone clearly had an off day for my wife's breakfast on the first morning, getting her order right on the third attempt, but the staff were apologetic and nice about it. The place had clearly been repainted recently as a smell of paint lingered in the stairwell.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 June 2014

hotel is perfectly fine. the breakfast is good, friendly staff & the rooms etc are the usual good standard Premier inn room.
The toby carvery next door however is horrendous! Boiled to death veg, using smash (not even bothered to mix properly!) and manky tables were just a few of the faults and completely unacceptable in 2014 in my opinion.
If you're looking for accommodation where you can get an evening meal onsite, i'd stay somewhere else. Sorry Prem inn but the carveries really letting you down.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Pretty sterile even for a Premier Inn. The staff were very pleasant, and rooms the standard quality you expect from PI. Not a place you would go out of your to stay at but OK if you need a night away in the area.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 June 2014

This hotel must be the cleanest I have ever had the pleasure to stay in. For all you clean freaks out there, this is the place to stay. It was probably cleaner than the Hospital it is directly opposite to. However there was one small issue, the corridor of the floor we stayed on was being painted during our stay and there was a quite overwhelming paint smell that did spread into the room a little but certainly not enough to make a complaint about. When we checked out I did mention it when asked if everything had been OK and without any quibble I was given a full refund. I did point out that it was only minor but the receptionist insisted that the smell of paint meant they had fallen short of their "Good night sleep guarantee" I was personally just happy to see a hotel being maintained to a high standard.
On the site is a Toby carvery (which is part of the same company) who offer breakfast for £3.99 Given that Premier Inn wanted to charge £8.75 we went to the Toby on our first morning. A mistake we only made once. Everything is included in the Premier Inn where as drinks are extra in the Toby meaning that there was little price difference overall. The quality in the hotel however was far superior and choice wider ranging.

Room Tip: My room faced James Cook hospital and I like to sleep with the window and curtains open and was a little concerned about noise but hardly heard a thing. The only down side to that side of the hotel was the sun waking me up at 6:30 each morning. os I would probably ask for a room at the rear next time.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends