“Welcome spot in the park”
Review of Nana Tom's Cafe

Nana Tom's Cafe
Ranked #113 of 298 Restaurants in Middlesbrough
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout
redcar
“Welcome spot in the park”
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Adjacent to the Captain Cook Birthplace Museum in Stewart Park. You have to walk a little way to get to cafe but worth it.
Shortish menu but food very good. They seem to specialise in flavoured coffees. after you've had your refreshment why not visit the attached museum , we'll worth it.

Visited September 2013

“Excellent family friendly cafe”
Reviewed 6 May 2013 via mobile

What a lovely cafe to visit. The staff are friendly even when very busy, the food is homely and the coffee is great. The stew is well worth trying as are the cupcakes...i aim to try them all!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank garethdavidyoungs
“OK for a bite to eat if you're in Stuarts Park”
Reviewed 9 January 2013

The menu is a bit limited and some of the prices are a bit steep for what you get, but the food is nice enough and it's a conveniant place to pop into if you're visiting the park.

Visited December 2012
Middlesbrough
“Hectic but family friendly”
Reviewed 12 December 2012

Busy on nice days, food is ok and facilities good. It's a cafe in a park so you don't expect a lot, outdoor area will be great on nice days. The park has improved a lot recently and well worth visiting with the children.

Visited October 2012
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
“Apart from the rudest man ever excellent”
Reviewed 9 December 2012 via mobile

I love this cafe and go fairly regularly.I like the food, the staff and the venue .however.........
Today I went and ordered a simple meal for the other half and I. After ordering I needed something else so went and queued up.the, lady that served me was absolutely lovely and friendly with long dark hair. This time a young blonde girl came to take my order or so I thought. She came to the till and meet my eye, then walked off. So I waited. She again picked something up from near the till and didn't say a word to me and again walked off.there was no one else in the queue and only three other tables had anyone else on them.
The blonde girl for the third time just didn't acknowledge or say anything to me but actually stood infront of me again.so I politely asked , and I genuinely was, polite, if she was allowed to take my order. She ignored me completely!! At this point I was stunned.
There was a old guy working behind the counter and he looked at me when I had spoke. So I said to him "why has she just ignored me?I can't believe that! Its really rude. Can she not serve?". He very angrily said "she didn't ignore you, of course she didn't ignore you." While staring at me like I had fell off his shoe. He stared at me like a angry nutter.then the really nice lady came rushing over and was overly nice.

So as I have been before and its always brilliant. We decided to calm down and then complain. At which point the old man sat down in threw corner, slapped some head phones on and had a coffee and scone. ...I don't know if this man has issues but his behaviour was so rude I an not sure if there was something wrong

So I have still given a high review as its a, lovely place, good honest food and its family run. I hate chains and want to support the independently ran places. If you look at my previous reviewers I was the first one to review here and gave it a very high score

I will go once more to this cafe and if it happens again I will start going to the other cafe in the park.....one more chance.

Take note nana toms. Rude ness, from staff will send you bust. So sort him please, age does not excuse this.

3 Thank icantspell