“Best Western Middlesbrough”

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
1  Thank Rebecca D

Reviewed 1 August 2014

The hotel needs a bit of TLC, but is liveable in. The bed was comfortable, but had a winter duvet on it in July. There were loose floor tiles in the bathroom, the shower door leaked onto the floor, and the fan was louder than a helicopter. The worst point is the Hungry Horse eatery attached to the hotel. It is very bad, eat somewhere else. The hotel offered poor value for money.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Vlakas
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Upon arrival we were told we had been upgraded to a 'premium room'...thank goodness because I can only assume the step down would be a damp cellar. The walls are paper thin, I got woken up by neighbouring rooms flushing toilets all night, and once by a sneeze! Any soundproofing is needed. The blinds are broken, the springs in the bed are broken, the bathroom is occupied by spiders and I am booking in elsewhere for my second night. Awful hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank lbr48
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Huge bay window open when walking in, net blowing with the wind. Smelt old and dirty. Carpet looked 20 years old and had bits all over it. Pillows had stains on when removing the cover, no protectors. I did not sleep in this hotel because the bedding smelt so bad and had no volume to it. I could not even take my shoes off. When I cleaned my teeth in the morning and tried to wash, I had to walk away from the sink from the overwhelming smell of piss.
The breakfast was average although no one greeted you or explained the operation. Although I already felt disgusted from the night I had had, the staff were less than till operators in their contact. Dated an dirty, not like the bar and restaurant downstairs.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank 8Marie
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Stayed here on business and generally I am used to larger chain hotels for business trips. When I pulled up in the taxi, I noticed this hotel was part of the Hungry Horse family restaurant chain and my expectations were that this was more focused on being a cheap family pub than a hotel. I was greeted by exceptional reception staff and a very modern comfy room better than some larger hotels. Food in restaurant was great quality and exceptional value. Great night's sleep and then treated by good quality breakfast and efficient and welcoming staff. Could not fault this hotel and will definitely stay again when on business. Exceeded my expectations and the owners should be very proud of the customer service and their staff.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank SaltaireSam
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Well when I driven into the car park I thought omg!!!! Then I seen reception and was met by a very pleasent lady. Who took me to my room which I was surprised by. The room was a bit dated but the bed was very comfy. Food in the bar was very nice and I couldn't finish it. Breakfast was ok. All in all very enjoyable stay it must be said thanks

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 July 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
Also consider these accommodations in or near Middlesbrough
1 mi away
Middlesbrough Hotel - Sporting Lodge
Longlands Hotel
Longlands Hotel
#8 of 11 in Middlesbrough

Been to Highfield Hotel? Share your experiences!