“Tea Galore!”

The Olde Young Tea House
Ranked #1 of 6 Dessert in Middlesbrough
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We are a Tea house stocking over 100 World Teas. Along with freshly baked scones and cakes baked in-store with freshly made sandwiches and homemade food.
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
“Tea Galore!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2014

I always bring my Significant Other here, we always enjoy the time that we have together here and we are sure to always try something new, when we're here. The Olde Young Tea House really opened my eyes to tea, and have started to enjoy it a lot more than Coffee (Thanks guys :D).
The service that you get in the tea house is always really warm and loving, with a good atmosphere inside. I can't give these guys enough appreciation, they're one of a kind in Middlesbrough and a real credit to the community there.

The cups can be a little dinky though, for a guy that's 6 Foot 7 Inches though, haha :).

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank KurtJP

“Sadly disappointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013 via mobile

Had seen a lot on Facebook and trip advisor about this place , so booked a table as advised. Opened the door, which was full of dust and went to the counter. The shop is small , but it's cosy, it is however sadly lacking a clean feeling as all the shelves with the tea on are dusty as is the small fire. The food on display is all uncovered, looked nice but didn't fancy eating anything that was open to all the dust floating about . I know it's a tea shop but instant kenko millicano and powdered vanilla latta is just a bit of a let down . Food wise bagel with cold unheated mozzarella and a little pesto was bland and boring . Would agree with a previous review 're washroom and add that the general public should not have to go through a room with open stock and food in in .

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank dbteesside
Saltburn-by-the-Sea, United Kingdom
“Always a warm welcome”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013

I popped in for a coffee and cake with my daughter after my one and only (xmas) shopping day.
warm welcome by owner and staff ,this place is a step back in time , the ambiance/atmosphere demands that you relax and enjoy.
A place of meditative calm in an otherwise head thumping, feet aching shopping town.
Young owner deserves every success.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank mark w
England, United Kingdom
“Quite nice but probably wouldn't return.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2013

Went to this place on the strength of the tripadvisor reviews. I think there must have been a new starter working there (went on a Friday lunchtime) as she didn't seem to know what she was doing. A few people questioned/complained about their drinks or meal. Tea was very nice. I did notice my plate wasn't clean (dried on food) and saw another person send their cup back as it wasn't clean either. Also the toilet is awful, no heating so it's freezing, very very cramped and no hot water - the hot water tap does not turn at all and the thing on the wall to provide instant hot water into the sink was missing the pipe. So I had to wash my hands in freezing cold water which, added to the other issues with dirty plates and cups, makes me worry about the hygiene.
Sandwiches keenly priced but you don't get much for your money and they come with crisps but I counted 5 on my plate.
I'm not fussy but I certainly think hot water should be provided in the loos and plates/cups etc should be clean!

Visited November 2013
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“PG Tops”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

I've been here quite a few times before on trips home, but yesterday went for afternoon tea with my mum, just to celebrate taking a few days off work.

We got some mouthwatering fresh egg and brie and chutney sandwiches, a danish each (chocolate orange and lemon drizzle - both huge and delicious!) and some excellent scones. As well as this, we had a range of teas - a fruity one called Rocket Burst (may have got this wrong, something like that! - had a bit of a warming berry taste), a dark spice mango one and a special christmas one (sort of a mixture of christmas trees and cinnamon). All for £8 each, which is not bad value at all...

The staff are helpful, the decor is ace (twee, but in a good way) and it's completely different from the general fare in Boro. Top notch.

• Visited October 2013