“Good home cooked food!”

The Apple Tree Pub
Ranked #59 of 322 Restaurants in Middlesbrough
Price range: US$1 - US$21
Dining options: Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Description: we are friendly family run local public house that sells food and drink we have a menu with a lot of choices and a specials board with the local parmesan a firm favourite we also have a children's menu Sunday lunches are very popular so it is advisable to book we have a general knowledge quiz on a Tuesday and music and entertainment quiz on a Sunday Our meal times are Monday to Saturday 12 till 9.45 Sunday 12-4.30
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I was a bit concerned about taking the family for lunch especially after reading a couple of the recent reviews but thought I would take a chance anyway! In fairness the place was quite quiet and relatively empty which did emphasize that the decor is a little tired. However we were seated and served in less than 15 minutes and the food was pretty good home cooked quality. The beef was succulent and tasty and my son cleared his pork dinner with aplomb which is pretty unusual! If one was to be picky I could have done with a little more gravy (although I didn't ask) and the roasties were of a reasonable quality but were of the frozen variety.
Overall it wasn't posh but for the price it represented good value for money and I would go again.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

Absolutely disgusting. We waited 1 hour 40 and it was freezing cold on arrival. The meat was very fatty and the rest of the dinner had zero taste. Do not waste your money.

3  Thank alaxcarol
Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

DO NOT VISIT
wow where do I start. The staff behind the bar are so rude. One young man especially ( no name badge ) food order came out wrong and they were not happy when I told them so. Got my drinks order wrong and over charged me. The place was messy, tables hadnt been cleaned. Staff were stood talking to each other instead of helping customers and there were a group of young males in there who were clearly off their heads on drugs. Nice eh!

7  Thank Boroboo
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Pub is nice inside
The staff are friendly and attentive
Sunday lunch is lovely, good value for money
Family friendly
Great atmosphere

Reviewed 5 September 2013 via mobile

Visited the Pub for a spot of lunch! The food was pleasant enough and the staff were friendly, but the whole place looks very run down and a bit scruffy which lets the pub down! The menus were ripped and dirty and the seats we sat on were ripped and covered in filth! A bit of TLC and this could be a nice place to eat! But the appearance at the moment is run down and a little off putting!

1  Thank NCJF