“Much improved”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Cafe Mima
Reviewed 27 March 2014

The cafe at MIMA is much improved since being taken over by Teesside University. There is a varied choice of food and drinks (even vegan options which could perhaps be made clearer), the menu is very reasonably priced and presentation is good. Staff are always very pleasant and helpful though service can be slow during lunchtime periods. Parking is far from easy since the council offer the first two hours free and spaces seem to be taken by people not visiting MIMA which is more often than not very quiet. I parked in a street nearby which now has two alternative cafes which I probably would have visited had I not been meeting a friend at MIMA. The cafe has also stopped providing newspapers and magazines for customers to read, always handy when you are on your own or waiting for other people to arrive. When I queried their absence I was told that it had been decided that newspapers do not fit with MIMAs image which seems rather odd. Overall, though, a good venue for coffee or lunch.

1  Thank MiddlesbroughJane

Reviewed 10 November 2013

Went to Mima for the Middlesbrough exhibition and decided to have a snack in their cafe. Nice clean, good varied menus and reasonable pricing.
Presentation of my cheese and onion toastie was of a restaurant level. Lovely nice latte and muffin on one of so many meal deals. Also they have a loyalty card, which is bonus because I would return again to this pleasant place with my family.

Reviewed 6 June 2013

Today was my first visit in the Cafe, and not the last one. Friendly staff, nice settings, good food.
I had a homemade leak potato soup, very nice........filled me up. Couldn't eat the bread bun with it.
Parking great ,too. First two hours for free.......and after 4pm.

Reviewed 8 May 2013

The food we ordered came quickly and although small in size, made up for it in taste. You need to have a dessert to to feel full.
Staff friendly and good at their job with easy smiles, and a good customer service.