“Golfs worst driving range,”

Middlesbrough Municipal Golf Centre
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Called in to the Middlesbrough Municipal today to use the driving range, I paid my £1.60 for 25 balls and made my way to the range, on arrival I could not find a basket with a handle, the majority of the automatic bays were broken, with the others being used by up to six people in one bay, every one of the other bays had no tee's I returned to the pro shop to ask for a tee, "we only have the small ones" he says to me as I stand there with driver in hand, at which point I get my money back. I find it incredible that a driving range is not only operating with the majority of its electric bays out of order but not to have adequate tees for the other bays is beyond belief. The attitude of the member of staff on duty was not much better. when the place is closing down through lack of custom they may realise that that in this day and age customer satisfaction is paramount.

Andy B, Manager at Middlesbrough Municipal Golf Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.
I can only apologise for the experience you encountered on this occasion. We've been having great difficulty with the Power Tees during rainy weather as they are prone to flooding which in turn shorts the electric to them. We have taken this up with Power Tees themselves who are responsible for maintenance work on several occasions over the last 3 years and we remain in contract with them until November this year. Thankfully now the summer is here this will not remain an issue and all tees are in good working order. Once November is here we have plans to remove all power tees and install top quality traditional mats.
By way of apology, please feel free to visit us again in the future for a complimentary basket of balls.

Reviewed 16 December 2013

The course on its front half is having buggy paths put in unfortunately this has caused major damage to the surrounding areas ruts and mud prevail I wouldn't pay good money to go around until this is corrected next season.

1  Thank DuncanColin
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Great local golf course and could be greater still with a little bit of funding. Lots of local usage and really should be supported more by the government...

Reviewed 25 August 2013

a great course for beginners with wide fairways,a few tricky holes (9,13 18) over water.it has a large car park,club house and pro shop, on the site as well is a driving range with automatic tees.overall a well set out course great facilities and friendly staff.

1  Thank Lesley M
Reviewed 9 August 2013

Been coming here since August 2011 when I first learnt to play golf! Course is very long and demanding with some difficult holes - mind your ball doesn't sink! Pitch and putt excellent for beginners or people who don't want to play the full course. Only criticism I have is the fairways aren't well kept on there unlike the main course and the bunker on hole 3 (pitch and putt) is overgrown! There's a practice putting green here as well, and floodlit driving range. The golf shop staff are very friendly and helpful.