“Disappointing 1st Visit”

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Redcar, England, United Kingdom
“Disappointing 1st Visit”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Visited yesterday as a group booking of 5 adults & 7 children. Table was pre booked for 1pm & restaurant wasn't busy yet we didn't receive our food till after 2.30. Orders arrived in complete with specified items missing off orders. They were quickly sorted by the waitress. However the food was nothing at all to write home about. Nice afternoon spent with friends though so that was the most important thing. I am due to visit with work colleagues soon so hopefully yesterday was just a 1 off.

Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
“Overpriced And average”
Reviewed 10 May 2014

My wife has pestered me to take her to Frankie's for a meal for ages as we are within walking distance, had been for a drink here before and was not impressed. As it was our Anniversary on 9th May, we went for our tea. We knew what we were going to order as we looked at the menus online. We ordered our food and drinks but the wine my wife wanted was not in stock, they were in the process of upgrading their wine list but we were told they would charge us the same price as the wine we wanted. We ordered a bottle of wine for the wife and a lager for me, the wine came but not the larger, after waiting 5 minutes I had to call the waitress for my larger and there was not many people in. The food came and it was quite nice but I hate eating out where they serve food that has come out of the freezer, ie French fries. After we had eaten, I was going to order my second pint but they brought the bill and low and behold I was charged for 2 pints of larger and the full price for the wine, this was rectified when I brought it to their attention. The staff were very friendly but I don't think I will going there again, £3.90 for a pint of lager & £18 for a bottle of £4 ASDA wine

Billingham, United Kingdom
“Good visit to this chain”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Been eating at F & Bs for sometime and I have to admit the brank in Middlesbrough was one of the best I have been to, great service and very prompt. Staff are a credit to the company

England, United Kingdom
“Amazing first visit to Frankie and Bennys”
Reviewed 3 May 2014

I visted Frankie and Benny's the other week with a friend for the first time and we both thoroughly enjoyed it. As we both love Italian we are often looking for new places to eat that will impress us and Frankie and Bennys didn't fail. We opted for the lunch deal which was £10.95 for 3 courses. For our starters I had the chicken strips and my friend had Bruschetta which were both lovely. For our mains we had meatballs and spaghetti & Chicken penne romana. The service was slightly slow but the food made up for it as it was delicious. For dessert I had the cinamon waffle and icecream and my friend had the apple and cherry crumble with icecream which we both enjoyed. Overall the experience was great and we will be returning again soon.

• Visited April 2014
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Worlds Worst Pizza Ever!!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Middlesbrough Branch -- in with 2 colleagues after a hard days work -
I was unable to have a caprese starter as no mozzarella at 19-00 hours!!!! So I had instead garlic mushrooms.
The Lighter Option I took was a Red French Pizza. As I lie in bed unable to sleep with stomach ache I think of my ingredients compared to what their description is of it.
How does diced onions and tomatoes drizzled in ketchup equate to "melted mozzarella, beef tomato and red onion on our tomato base drizzled with our delicious red french dressing" ??????
My first time and my last...Very expensive and bland...I say this having eaten a lot of rubbish in my life from travelling abroad in "culinary hotspots" like West Africa. In that time. I have eaten some awful rubbish - I put this up near the top of my list!!!

• Visited March 2014