“Nice ambience yummy Tappas”
Review of The Dickens Inn

The Dickens Inn
Ranked #168 of 314 Restaurants in Middlesbrough
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

Been last night with 3 friends. We had a Groupon voucher for Tappas including a glass of wine and a glass of bubble. You could choose 6 out of 7 variation. We couldn't decide which one not to choose and decided to pay the extra choice of £2.
Our waitress was very young. You felt she hasn't done it for a long time. She was nice but very unsure what she was doing.
Music was nice and chilled soul night. Within the night the DJ turned the music up so loud you hardly couldn't understand what the opposite person was saying.
The drinks are quite expensive. We decided to move on
Overall a nice experience and great night in the Dickens Inn.

Reviewed 11 January 2014

I Love "The Dickenss Inn" Great place for drinks,food, football on the tv and just a grea place,
BUT When you first walk in past it SMELLS OF Stale Dirty Bleach and this smell has been there since I started university in 2011.So Now Ive had enough.Get clean bleach and rid of the smell

1  Thank Helen B
Reviewed 21 November 2013

went here on the 16th of nov with my gf, just had drinks, didnt get food, atmosphere was great, prices were what i expected, nice relaxing upbeat music in the glass room on the left of the building, go there! great place to just talk and relax, start your night here before heading to the more lively end of brough, very nice inside this room as well

Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

I visited this bar with my gf and some of her colleagues from work. The decor was nice and the service was good. Didn't eat there and only stayed for just an hour because everyone had to work the next day. I gave them four stars because I did have a good experience there during my brief visit.

Reviewed 4 October 2013

I have been here for drinks with friends and was never really much of a fan. I just wanted somewhere to sit have quiet drink and not listen to really loud music. I stopped going for this reason but decided to give the cocktail bar a go. IT IS FANTASTIC. A cocktail is around £5.50 and made right in front of you using real fresh ingredients. They taste delightful too. I go around 7.30 on a Friday evening with friends and it doesn't get real busy int here till maybe 9.30. The only annoying thing is people go in there once they have bought 'cheaper' drinks from the main bar and go in which I think should maybe be changed. I leave around that time due to this as it gets real squashed. Overall a greta spot for quiet drinks early on a Friday eve.