“nice old building”

Middlesbrough Town Hall
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Nice old building in the town center, situated close to the Middlesbrough Institute of Modern Art (also known as mima) and the railway station. I've been there on a few world-class classical concerts as well as cool gigs performed by local rock bands.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

We went to visit family who used to work at the town hall so it was good to see it, I remember all the people they used to have on there

Reviewed 7 June 2014

My Husband and I visited Middlesbrough for the first time so we thought we would got to the tourist information centre. We could see no road signs directing us to the centre so went into the Citizen Advise Bureau who told us there was no Information centre in Middlesbrough but the library might be able to help us. We had to keep asking directions but eventually found the library where we were told to go to the Town Hall on reaching there we were told we wanted the Box Office. So off we go again and eventually found the information centre but when we told them what trouble we had finding the place the woman behind the desk laughed, which was very annoying. After looking at the leaflets we asked if they had information on the Transporter Bridge which we knew was shut but thought it would be interesting to read about it. After turning all the cupboards and drawers out they produced a used sheet which had been stuck on the wall. Then asked did they sell postcards which they did but they were stuck on a board behind the desk, what they were hidden away for I really don't know. As a tourist we were made very unwelcome.

1  Thank WendyCaterham
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Probably the best venue in town for either concerts in the Main Hall or more intimate setting on the Crypt. Good atmosphere generated in this grade 2 listed venue and attracts decent acts that return because of the reception they receive. The town /area could do with a larger venue to attract more popular acts, but that does not detract from this impressive venue.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

I had the pleasure of experiencing the Town Hall first hand because a friend had an office there so I was able to see parts of the building that is not normally on view.
It is a fascinating piece of history and of beautiful architecture which makes you feel a sense of pride in being from Middlesbrough.
I hope it remains the pride of Teesside because far too many gems have been destroyed in the past.