My wife and I stayed at this hotel on 6th September 2013. We were there for a wedding, which was all contained in the same grounds. The Hotel is easy to find and we found parking easy. We arrived slightly earlier than the official check in time, and understood our room may not be available. We were ok with this as the wedding started before our official check in time(2pm), andmy wife wanted to see her best friend before the event so we were prepared to dress in a spare room. Her room was called the Thornton suite and was very pleasant. Unfortunately, this was just a holding room until the 'Bridal Suite' was ready.
We were very pleased to be told that our room was ready a short time later, Our room was on the first floor and had been recently decorated. It was clean and tidy and perfectly adequate for our needs.
The wedding was fantastic, and would certainly recomend this venue. After the intial ceremony we were asked to vacate and go to the Bar area, which was called Poste House and was nicely done out. This was great to socialise with other guests as the dining room was being prepared. The wedding food was excellent and the staff friendly. Throughout the day guests could move between the bar and the dining room (which also had a bar).
We stayed for the inclusive breakfast, which was nice and hot. There was your usual mix of hot and cold breakfasts, but nursing a hangover, I plumped for the fry up. Before we left we said goodbye to the married couple and other guests. It became apparant that each room was very different. The bridal suite was very disappointing,(room 161). It wasn't even called The Bridal Suite. The room was actually smaller than ours and was at a lower spec. The 4 poster bed (I'm supposing this quantified it as being the bridal suite) was a DIY special. Decorated with a white ribbon. Shoddy really!!
Other guests rooms varied greatly, leaving us feeling that we had been pretty lucky. All in all, the wedding was great and the food was good. In terms of your room, it may be a lucky dip approach.....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 140 bedroom hotel set in 20 acres boasting a lavish bar and grill, leisure club with 25m sparkling pool and fully equipped gym. Handy for both business and pleasure with good transport links to all major towns and cities, extremely handy for shopping at the 'metro' centre - Europe’s largest indoor mall. Close to all major tourist attractions including the North Yorkshire Moors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK) and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Middlesbrough Hotel - Sporting Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sporting Lodge Inn Middlesbrough Hotel Middlesbrough
- Sporting Hotel Middlesbrough
- Middlesbrough Sporting Hotel