Stayed here a few times.
Rooms are basic but ok.
The bathrooms need updating, showers inconsistent and some generally need a good clean.
Room Service isn't the best. The room service menu seems to have changed recently, for the worse. Not enough selection of salads, all just consist of a type of meat (Ham, Chicken or Fish) and rocket. Even the side salad is simply 'Rocket Salad'. The Fish and Chips is £15.00, with the added tray charge (£3.00) taking it to £18.00, it's an absolute rip off!
There is an onsite gym, which is shared with local gym users, is pretty good as it's included in the room rate.
All in all not bad for the money but massive room for improvement.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 140 bedroom hotel set in 20 acres boasting a lavish bar and grill, leisure club with 25m sparkling pool and fully equipped gym. Handy for both business and pleasure with good transport links to all major towns and cities, extremely handy for shopping at the 'metro' centre - Europe’s largest indoor mall. Close to all major tourist attractions including the North Yorkshire Moors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, Hotel.de and HRS so you can book your Middlesbrough Hotel - Sporting Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sporting Lodge Inn Middlesbrough Hotel Middlesbrough
- Sporting Hotel Middlesbrough
- Middlesbrough Sporting Hotel