We stayed for one night and a noisy party in the room below ours kept us awake until 6.00am. We tried to contact a member of staff to cmplain but there was no reply on the several occasions we tried. Prior to this we were unable to book a meal until 9.30pm because there was a 'coach party' in. In addition there was a 'ladies night' party including male strippers in the function room (not our cup of tea!). We spoke to a receptionist on check-out and were unable to complain to the duty manager because there wasn't one on as he was sick. We are still awaiting a call from him to lodge our complaint! Beside this the rooms as previously describe are very small and the accommodation section dated. The bar and swimming pool areas are new and well appointed but are let down by the management and quality of accommodation - not good for an overnight stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 140 bedroom hotel set in 20 acres boasting a lavish bar and grill, leisure club with 25m sparkling pool and fully equipped gym. Handy for both business and pleasure with good transport links to all major towns and cities, extremely handy for shopping at the 'metro' centre - Europe’s largest indoor mall. Close to all major tourist attractions including the North Yorkshire Moors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, LateRooms and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Middlesbrough Hotel - Sporting Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sporting Lodge Inn Middlesbrough Hotel Middlesbrough
- Sporting Hotel Middlesbrough
- Middlesbrough Sporting Hotel