Blue Bell Hotel
The Treebridge Hotel(Middlesbrough)
US$126
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewstypical pubvalue for moneyprawnsper nightorder foodfull english breakfastplenty of parkingtwin roomone night stayparmoheating
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 July 2009

Three of us stayed here whilst on business in M'boro, for one night this week (July '09). This hotel was attached to a fairly decent pub and had ample car parking spaces. It was also in a relatively quiet area and was easy to find from the nearby A19.
The rooms, although clean, were extremely tired in terms of decor. The doors seemed quite flimsy, with the handle to my bathroom hanging off. You couldn't double lock the front door from the inside.
The bathroom was again fairly tired, having blue 'wipe clean' panelling instead of tiles. My colleague had a hole in the wall in his bathroom where somebody had put their fist through.
Breakfast was fairly basic; the included continental option comprised of toast, cereal, Tea or Coffee and a selection of juices.
The staff were very pleasant, both in the bar and at the reception in the hotel.

We paid £55 for B&B, which wan't too bad in terms of cost. However, if the local Travelodges and Premier Inns were a similar price, then this wouldn't represent good value at all as it falls well below the standard expected at those hotels.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 March 2009

used this as an emergency stay after my other hotel had a fire, my friend (manystaysaway) told me about it, we work in the same petrochemical business.
this hotel is best desribed in a basic way,
friendly staff, good grub, nice pub, brilliant transport links, basic but clean rooms, nice atmosphere, yes it is basic and yes it is very cheap, was brilliant for the two nights i was there, happy to recomend this to all for short stays or just a work base station, not the hilton but for the money you could not find better anywhere.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 January 2009

I was recommended this hotel by a business contact whom I was visiting to run a social media training programme for. At only £45 for the night (a Sunday night), I didn't have high expectations, just hoped it would fare well enough against, for example, a Travelodge. I was pleasantly surprised. The room was very clean and modern enough, with hairdryer, iron, ironing board, TV and tea/coffee making faciities. I managed to access the hotel wifi without any problems, so could get on with my work, and I had an excellent night's sleep. In the morning I decided to take breakfast. The breakfast room only had one other person dining so it lacked a little soul, but I was impressed with my poached eggs on toast. £4.50 for eggs on toast, as much additional toast, cereal, juice and tea as I wanted - bargain!

Only real downside was that the bathroom looked a little tired and the towels could have been a little flufflier - but for the price, I think this place exceeded my expectations.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank tracy1980
Reviewed 16 September 2008

We were directed to this hotel by a work colleague.
The hotel essentially is a pub which has had an annex built to the rear.
The ‘hotel’ was being refurbished at the time I stayed there, the main restaurant and main bar area was not open.
This refurbishment sadly was not being extended to the residential side / hotel rooms.
The rooms are very small and tired and need of a revamp. Cleanliness is not what it should be throughout this hotel and this was topped off by dirty crockery at breakfast.
As mentioned by others, Wifi is very patchy and just could not be found in my room. The fire alarm went off about 3 times throughout the night. This hotel is ok for those on very tight budgets but if you are on a tour, visiting holiday etc.. I would recommend spending a little more and getting something better.
I myself will certainly not be stopping at this hotel again, Middlesbrough and the surrounding area has more to offer than this.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank nocky_reynolds
Reviewed 7 October 2007

i was due to stay at another hotel nearby (sporting lodge) but the hotel was dreadful, the only one thing that that was any good was the srvice from the night porter who apparently used to work at the blue bell (french name, i forget now) due to problems at the lodge he arranged in no time at all to have us sent to the blue bell.
very simpily its cheap and basic but clean and the food is great the staff also are great and very helpful. it has no stars rating yet it deserves at least two. thanks to the night porter at the sporting lodge we had quite a pleasant business trip and thank you blue bell for making us welcome.
one critisism tho. the lift is ancient if not a little scary but other than that, cheap yet very cheerful.
I wil overlook many other higher rated hotels and atay here again, on the condition they get wifi tho as this is a neccesity for me

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled on business