“Great Brunch Spot!” 4 of 5 bubbles

The Baker Street Kitchen
Ranked #33 of 289 Restaurants in Middlesbrough
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Brunch Spot!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

Gorgeous place to grab a sandwich and coffee. Staff are always chatty and helpful, menu is vast and you can pick and create your own with no problems. Always fresh ingredients and lots of choice for afters. Not the cheapest place in the world, but so worth it for atmosphere and quality.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Fernandoskid

“Very slow!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

An hours lunch is not long enough as you wait over half hour for your sandwich. Plus drinks are drank or cold before food arrives.
Food is nice though, but I would opt for chilli cake the other end of baker street. Quicker, nicer, better priced.

2 Thank Anthony A
Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
“Middlesbrough Needs Places Like This!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

I work on Baker Street so thought I would try it to sit in with my husband and we had a very nice lunch. The BSK has a nice buzzy atmosphere and a good mix of people, food is very varied with a good menu and daily specials and what I especially love is you can get a glass of wine! We were seriously lacking a bistro/lunch style place without having to have to go and have sub standard microwave pub food. I think they have really filled a gap in the market with this place. I have also had takeaway from here too and I will definitely be back.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank mrsg3107
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
“A pleasant find in Middlesbrough.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

My first visit to BSK. It was a present change to find somewhere in Middlesbrough offering fresh and quality food. With a comprehensive menu of sandwiches, jacket potatoes and a very nice and original salad bar. The children's menu is fresh and a good quality, too often child menus are full of processed food and inferior quality ingredients. At BSK the child menu is as fresh and good quality as the main menu.

I noted some events organised. Book clubs, music and spoken word events.

I will certainly be returning. Only request would be for a customer WiFi network.

Visited March 2014
2 Thank matthewvl
Middlesbrough
“Great first visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

Have wandered past this cafe a few times and always thought lets give it a go sometime. So today we did and am so happy with that decision. There is a vast menu, so many delicious sandwiches, all day brekkies and rarebits, to name a few, to choose from. We opted for the chicken, stuffing and apple sauce sarnie on brown and the goats cheese melt. The chicken is roasted there every day and you can really tell that kind on quality in every yummy bite. My hubby loved his goats cheese and red pesto melt, savouring every bite. Great that they have a licence for alcohol, which all seemed reasonable priced and a good selection. We couldn't leave without taking home a couple of the cakes. We have demolished the chocolate fudge cake, which was light but very chocolatey, and have a white chocolate and Baileys cheescake tempting us every time we pass the fridge. Great stuff and we will definitely be calling in again.

• Visited March 2014