The Grey House Hotel
US$121
US$84
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 August 2012

My wife and I stayed one night at the Grey House and very much enjoyed it. The room was spacious, clean and light, with a good sized ensuite shower and toilet. The bed was comfortable and clean. The breakfast was good and the service very freindly. Free wifi was fast enough for browsing and emails. We would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 August 2012

Stayed here for work for a week with my colleagues. The room that i stayed is clean & spacious, free internet wifi, free bottled water and fresh fruit which you can just grab & go. The english breakfast is wonderful, keeps me full throughout winter morning. Friendly and wonderful host, Jana. Jana even helped to call a take-out delivery for our dinner. While killing our time at the living room, she gave us blankets to keep ourselves warm from the howling winter wind and allow us to use one of the rooms available to freshen up prior to our late journey to the bus station. You will certainly enjoy your stay at this small but warm hotel.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 July 2012

This hotel has to be one of the most quiet and friendly hotels that I have stayed at in a very long time! The night that I was staying, I had travelled down from Edinburgh and was tired. However I had no trouble at all getting a great nights sleep. In the morning the landlady told me that there were over 14 people in that hotel overnight! Well I never heard a sound. That might be due to a bit of good luck or it could also be down to the extremely clean and comfortable beds that they have here! I slept like a log!

The cleanliness of the rooms and bedding, along with the friendly service and great food at this hotel make it a 10 out of 10 for me! These guys are getting it right again here! Something that the bigger chain hotels are getting so very wrong! So well done to the owners.

If you need a great nights sleep at a hotel in a quiet area with nice friendly service then this is the one for you! I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to any of my friends and family.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 July 2012

Stayed here overnight when travelling with a friend to Croft Circuit (about 30 mins away) for the British Touring Cars. First impressions were great, the owner very friendly and welcoming. The decor throughout is very appropriate for the grand old house this is, but is not in any way dated, everywhere was very clean and tidy. Love the idea of two lounges - one with a TV and games consoles, and one without if its peace and quiet you're after! Breakfast in the morning was freshly cooked local produce and very tasty! We stayed on the uppermost floor, in a twin room which was large enough for the overnight stay, with a good sized en suite shower room. My only quibbles with the room were that the shower (whilst we had been told that the hot water runs exceedingly hot) appeared to have no cold water plumbed into it, no matter how we fiddled with the taps, the water was just scaldingly hot. Secondly, the skylight windows fitted in the bathroom dont actually close properly anymore, which meant that through our stay the wind was just banging the bathroom door shut repeatedly. Thankfully the high winds died down overnight so our sleep was not disturbed, but its something worth mentioning so that the management can have an opportunity to get it sorted! :-)

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed 25 June 2012

spent 3 nights at Janna's B and B - paid slightly more for double room single occupancy - worth it for the 4 poster bed (imcidentally very comfy) and fantastic space in the "suite" that i was given. this small hotel - B and B - is very friendly and excellent. great old house - loads of character - combined with excellent service - breakfasts were very good and cooked to order each day. lovely and clean, quiet location. would definitely go back when im working in the Tees valley area. thank you Janna

Room Tip: room 2 is excellent spacious and lots of light from 2 bow windows
Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business