We stayed as a family for 2 nights, the place is "charming" with lots of period furnishings and our room was lovely being Number 1, the creeky four poster! The en-suite and shower were great although it was hard to get out of the shower with the bathroom door jamming against the shower door. That being said, I would have been happy had it not being for the other "twin share room" which was like a closet with the beds pushed together to give more room, Getting into that shower required acrobatic skill! Being told by the owner to "push the beds apart" if we wished to we were surprised to find there was simply a double set of sheets etc!
The really annoying part of our stay was the constant cigarette smoke wafting from guests either smoking on their balconies with doors open or the receptacle at the front door wafting into the house. If you are a non-smoking family such as ours I would recomend that you go elsewhere.