“Nice food, RUBBISH service!”
Review of La Tasca - Norwich - CLOSED

La Tasca - Norwich
Price range: US$0 - US$55
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: A fleet of authentic Spanish tapas restaurants established in 1993, La Tasca offers an award-winning range of sumptuous Mediterranean flavours. Sourcing ingredients from artisan suppliers dotted across Spain, head chef Antony compiles a range of boldly flavoured sharing dishes, all complemented by a range of Spanish wines, sangrias and sherries. Ever family-friendly, younger diners can enjoy delicious miniature tapas plates at La Tasca Norwich.
Reviewed 18 October 2013

I went there on Thursday the 18th October, at about 8:00pm, with my boyfriend and my Mum and Dad. When we arrived only half of the restaurant was open, maybe only 15 tables.We were asked to wait with menus until the table was relayed and we were sat waiting for it for at least 15/20mins. When were were eventually sat at our table we were there for at least another 20mins waiting for our order to be taken, it was nearly an hour before we were seen to. The manager (who was dressed in a shirt and waistcoat and jeans and trainers!) was completely un-attentive. There was only one guy behind the bar serving drinks and the food and then one waitress for the 15 tables. The manager did nothing. We could see him behind the bar carving candles and folding napkins (something that should be left till after service) and he just expected the girl to deal with us but she was rushed off of her feet and trying to figure out the new till system (poor girl). The manager didn't once come over and check on us, after he sat us down. Eventually we ordered with the girl, she frantically apologised and made excuses. We received our drinks quickly, finally! But it then took at least 20 mins for the food, for tapas? The food was good, the portions probably slightly too small for the price (most £5,00 a dish). It then took them ages to clear the table, eventually we got the bill and my mum told the waitress that the manager was crap, she said it was both her first time by herself and his first time as a manager? Rubbish choice, though she did well given the circumstances. They needed more people to help and a better manager! Shame they didn't hire me a few weeks before when I came in, they need the extra help and its terrible that they can't efficiently run a place with only 15 or so tables and half the restaurant open. The food was good but the terrible service seemed to overshadow that. Probably won't be returning again! (Also small point on the atmosphere, music was too loud, I couldn't hear anyone and there was a dancing class taking place upstairs which was very distracting!)

1  Thank Marie W

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Have been here for evening meals before which I thought were a bit average but lunch today was really nice; hot, fresh tapas which was all very tasty.
The waiter was friendly and quietly attentive.

Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

La Tasca was probably the worst restaurant ive ever been to. Food was not up to standard and was over priced for what it was. The Tapas we received was over cooked and greasy and for days I smelt garlicky and the taste of the food kept repeating on me. With family in Spain we have visited them many times and I can honestly say La Tasca is nothing like proper tapas in Spain. Atmosphere was ok and service was very good but thats the only good thing about it. Wouldnt eat in there again if you paid me.

2  Thank Nikki F
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Visited La Tasca with a friend for early supper last week - my first visit. From the outside La Tasca looks gorgeous with it's stained glass windows lit up. Inside the atmos was vibrant - Spanish music playing and salsa lessons going on upstairs - some might find it a bit loud but we liked it. Our waitress didn't have the best attitude - a bit snippy and not exactly oozing good customer service skills. We ordered a selection of tapas dishes - all of which were 'ok'. Some of the food - esp the potatoes - tasted a bit old - like they had been sitting for a long time. Non alcoholic cocktails were nice if a bit pricey. For some reason the large flat screen telly behind the bar was on a news channel - so I could see all the worlds disasters unfolding - with subtitles - as my friend and I celebrated her birthday. All in all I was a bit disappointed - I wanted La Tasca to live up to how it looks from the outside. No major gripes really - but won't rush back. All I want from a restaurant is friendly/professional service and good food (and no telly). Shame.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

Quite honestly, booked this for my wife and I, as we had not tried it before. The food was ok but nothing special. The waitress was a bit grumpy, but maybe this was because on tasting the white wine, I explained that it should be cold, an ice bucket was provided, but no smiles until I tipped her at the end. Just felt that everything was a bit dated and that there is better fare offered at other restaurants located in Tombland, sorry but I for one won't be rushing back.